Are people evolutionarily vegetarian or not vegetarian?
Evolution: humans are meat-eaters by nature - is that really true?
For a long time, animal foods have been a central component of the diet of Homo sapiens since ancient times. In the meantime, however, researchers know that our food has always been strongly plant-based. This is indicated by many anatomical and physiological features.
This includes the swallowing mechanism of humans: animal carnivores can gulp down their food in large chunks, digestion only begins in the stomach. For herbivores, on the other hand, the following applies: They have to chew well so that they can utilize their food. Human saliva contains an enzyme that enables starch to be broken down while chewing.
In addition, certain muscle fibers form fermentation chambers in the large intestine, in which indigestible food components are broken down - and which are usually found in herbivores or omnivores with predominantly plant-based food.
And while the body of classic carnivores can produce vitamin C itself, humans are dependent on ingesting this vitamin through food: The active ingredient was probably always so abundant in their diet that they could do without their own synthesis.
Meat consumption made the cerebrum grow
But then early humans added meat to their diet - and that contributed to the rapid growth of the human cerebrum.
Today, however, a diet that is heavily based on meat can have unhealthy consequences - our way of life has fundamentally changed: In the Stone Age, meat came from wild game, and hunting for food was hard physical work.
With today's sedentary lifestyle, high-energy food such as meat with a high fat content is rather difficult to get along with.#Subjects
- The French generally hate Asians
- Why are there nudist beaches
- Is it worth it to set up a blog
- How did your affiliate marketing journey begin
- What is celebrity marketing
- What is the best heart health test
- Which healthy foods lead to inflammation?
- Can light go through matter
- What types of people are successful in business
- What makes guns illegal in some counties
- What is Koine Greek
- Who prints money
- Who hires affiliate marketers
- What is an example of steam distillation
- 0 999990 and 0 99999 are the same
- Is there a Quora Discord chat
- Why does space-time bend?
- Does Donald Trump have feelings
- Can I submit an FIR on Saturday
- How many pavilions are there in Epcot?
- Why democracy is considered the best rule
- Why is light called energy
- What are opportunities for Indian doctors abroad
- What are the best lead generation tools