How many tons is a cubic meter
Converting cubic meters to tons - this is how it works
Cubic meters and tons - two different units
- A simple conversion of the two units mentioned is not possible at first, in the same way as you convert kilograms into tons. This is because they are two different sizes.
- The unit "cubic meter" (abbreviated m³) includes the volume, also the volume, of a body. The unit "tons" (abbreviated t) belongs to a weight, physically also called mass.
The conversion takes place via a detour
- Just as you cannot convert seconds to meters, neither can you convert cubic meters to tons. Just imagine that bodies of the same weight can take up different volumes - just think of feathers and irons. And one cubic meter of water will certainly have a completely different weight than one cubic meter of lead.
- In the simplest case, the material is water. The simple rule that applies here is that one cubic decimeter (i.e. 1 dm³) weighs one kilogram (1 kg) under normal conditions. One cubic meter of water has exactly 1000 dm³. So this volume weighs exactly 1000 kg. And that's exactly a ton. In the case of water, the conversion is easy, 1 m³ of water weighs exactly 1 t.
- With other materials, density plays a role. Density is defined as mass (weight) per volume. As a formula write d = m / V. In many cases the unit is kg / m³ or g / cm³.
- Take iron as an example, the density of which is given as d = 7874 kg / m³ (table book, Internet). Accordingly, the conversion takes place that one cubic meter of iron weighs 7874 kilograms. That is 7,874 tons, so almost 8 tons. What a difference to water.
Conclusion: If the density of the material is less than that of water, then one cubic meter of the material weighs less than a ton. The conversion for water is 1: 1. For materials with high densities, such as iron, you have to deal with several tons of weight.
How helpful do you find this article?
- How does a data science portfolio work
- Why is my beard growing thin?
- How do background checks check employment
- Frequent alcohol consumption can reduce intelligence
- Which is the best Indian newspaper
- Why is Trump Islamophobic
- What is the social cause of poverty
- What do Taiwanese think of the Singapore Chinese
- Do fish fall asleep at night
- What made you seek professional help
- Who designed the US currency
- Is it worth working in Dubai's financial industry
- How can I track a flip phone
- Alcohol aids digestion
- Why are people so cruel
- Can the Japanese understand Korean?
- For what purpose do people use WhatsApp
- Horlicks really works for kids
- How do governments censor the internet
- Why should society accept fat people
- What did Warren Buffett invent
- Eugenol is poisonous
- Can you describe the wrong person
- What makes people low class
- Grammar is important while speaking English
- 2020 will be a mystical year
- What is the future of content moderation
- Why are some passes more powerful
- How many weigh 25 grams
- Why do people have romantic relationships
- Which countries are socialist
- How can you replace onions with leeks
- Ordinary Daen against immigrants
- How can foreigners find work in Norway?