Can dengue fever delay menstruation
Dengue fever is a viral infection that causes a flu-like illness. The main symptoms are fever, headache, pain behind the eyeballs, in the joints and muscles, and a rash that usually occurs 3-4 days after the onset of the fever.
The fever usually subsides in 5-7 days, but convalescence can be very delayed due to tiredness and poor performance.
Dengue fever is feared because of its rare but severe form, hemorrhagic fever. This can lead to severe internal bleeding, which can also be fatal.
It is generally believed that the fact that there are four different dengue viruses has something to do with this severe form. If you become infected with one type, you are immune to precisely this type for a long time after the illness has been overcome, but if you come into contact with one of the other three, the second illness can be more severe.
Although dengue fever has been on the rise for years and there are large epidemics with hundreds of thousands of people infected, fatalities among travelers are fortunately an exception so far.
How do you get dengue fever?
The dengue virus is transmitted by mosquitoes through bites. The mosquito species of the Aedes mosquito bites during the day, not, like the malaria carrier, at dusk and at night. The disease is now spread all over the world.
3-14 days (mostly 4-7)
The diagnosis is almost always based on the clinical signs of the disease. A very reliable rapid test is now in use in Austria. The final proof through the detection of special antibodies is left to special laboratories and thus has its pitfalls.
Prevention consists in avoiding mosquito bites. Repellants for the skin and mosquito-killing impregnation of clothing as well as the use of mosquito nets or staying in air-conditioned rooms offer reliable protection.
A vaccine against dengue has been approved for the first time since 2016 (currently in 16 countries). Due to the immunological characteristics of the disease, however, it is only useful for people who have already been infected with dengue viruses. Both efficacy and safety are inadequate for the non-immune. It therefore plays no role in travel medicine and has not yet been available in Europe.
There is currently no specific treatment for dengue fever. Of course, general medical measures such as painkillers, fever-lowering substances and, in the most severe cases, the entire range of intensive care medicine are used.
- What is hydrostatic distribution
- How was the first vaccination tested
- Incestuous relationships are common between siblings
- What are the benefits of multivitamins
- How's a career in UX design
- Growing pain can cause back pain
- Have you ever accidentally told yourself about it?
- Why can't we read reduced answers
- Can a human rights violation be justified?
- How are you? Good
- What is a general marketing strategy
- What are some examples of child abuse
- What elements should an advertising banner have?
- What is a square meter acre
- Report animal abuse
- Are there anti-gravity materials
- America wants China to become weaker
- Is money everything 8
- What happens to the prices of Huawei phones
- Garry Kasparov or Anatoly Karpov Why
- Why is my teenage daughter challenging me
- Why aren't dollar coins more popular?
- How can I unlock myself in WhatsApp
- What makes a person healthy
- Japanese women meet black men
- Can a fat guy do a back flip
- How does Mint com make money
- Who moderates moderators
- What does the symbol
- Affects asbestos smokers more than non-smokers
- Hypothyroidism causes nausea
- Add isosceles triangles 180