How much protein do you eat every day
How much protein per day is healthy and helps you lose weight?
Protein, along with carbohydrates and fat, is one of the three main essential nutrients the body needs. It is super important because it is the basic building block of all human cells.
In order to be adequately supplied with protein, we have to eat protein-rich foods such as quark, meat or eggs every day. But how much protein should we eat per day? Is there an unlimited amount, especially if you are trying to lose weight and are following a high protein diet like Atkins? Or if you want to build muscle mass?
In the video: We tested protein powderVideo by Jane Schmitt
How much protein is recommended per day?
The German Nutrition Society (DGE) recommends eating around 0.8 g of protein per kilogram of body weight. No matter if you are a woman or a man. The upper limit is 2 g per kilogram of body weight.
For a woman weighing 60 kg, this means that she can eat between 48 and 120 g of protein per day. If she weighs 80 kg, the recommended intake is between 64 g and 160 g protein per day.
Read also:The 10 most protein-rich foods
These values sound like a lot at first. Most certainly do not know how much protein they eat each day and are afraid of being undersupplied. Don't worry, on average women eat around 60 g per day, men 81 g. More than enough.
One of the reasons for this is that protein is found in many foods. In animal foods such as meat, fish, eggs or dairy products, for example. But some plant-based foods also score with a high protein content: legumes, whole grain bread, cereals or nuts.
Read also:Low carb dinner: 3 protein-rich recipes that will fill you up
Whether for weight loss, muscle building or a healthy diet: At goFit with gofeminine you can create your own individual nutrition plan for every goal.
Protein-rich foods at a glance
How many grams of protein should you eat per day to lose weight?
As a result of low carb diets, protein has come to the fore as a little miracle nutrient for weight loss. Since Atkins and Co. hardly eat bread and noodles, i.e. carbohydrates, protein-rich foods are often used. They keep you full for a long time and are supposed to stimulate fat burning. But how much protein do you have to eat per day so that the pounds drop off?
Reading tip: Does protein bread really make you slim?
There is no clear indication. It should be more than 0.8 g per kilogram of body weight. However, the 2 g per kilo should not be exceeded. In general, however, the German Nutrition Society makes it clear: "If you want to lose weight, you have to eat less than you consume - regardless of whether you eat a low-fat or low-carb diet."
Is Too Much Protein Unhealthy?
It's not scientifically proven, but you shouldn't eat too much protein. "We do not know the possible harmful effects of too much protein," says Antje Gahl from DGE. However, since many protein-rich foods are also rich in fat and, in the case of animal products, contain cholesterol, she advises moderate consumption.
More than 300 to 600 g of meat should not be eaten per week, cheese and sausage only in small quantities. She recommends covering the protein requirement primarily through plant-based foods and regularly eating legumes, whole grain products or nuts.
- How do ultrasonic humidifiers work
- What are recycled plastics used for?
- What is the currency of your country?
- Startups need marketing automation
- Have you played Death Stranding before?
- The appreciation of classical music is dying
- What is your favorite photo contest
- Fenugreek seeds reverse type 2 diabetes
- What is the unspoken rule that everyone should know
- Eating meat causes constipation
- Is steam a pure substance
- How do I make Taiwanese friends
- How were large mill chimneys built
- How do I increase my sexual stamina
- All alcoholic beverages taste bad
- What is NEET
- The pro-life movement simplifies adoption too much
- Which type of MBTI is the most difficult
- What is an electrical installation
- What is WordPress Dynamic Bootstrap Carousel
- Architects are well paid
- Why are the sugary drinks unhealthy
- What are the most common personality traits
- What does it take to get into politics?