When should you rework wooden floors?
Instructions with video: Oil and wax a wooden floor
Oil and wax provide natural protection for wooden or cork floors. Here you will learn how to properly fill a floor with oil and then coat it with a protective layer of wax.
Prerequisite: The floor must be "raw", i.e. either newly laid and untreated. If it is an older floor, it must first be properly sanded.
- Hard oil
- Hard wax
- Grinding machine with different pads (red or beige as well as white - fine and coarse)
- Squeegee (different sizes)
- Plastic shoe covers
- white cotton cloth
- one large and one small roller (to distribute the oil)
- First, clean the wooden floor that you plan to oil and wax.
- Then stir the hard oil well.
Tip: Shoe covers prevent new dirt and are therefore best left on your feet during the entire work process.
Video: Oil and wax wooden floors or cork floors
Implementation: The oiling of the floor
- Apply the oil with a small roller or a brush initially at the edge of the surface apply, because the large roller will not go here later. If the edges are oiled, the large roller is used: Distribute the oil evenly in individual strips over the entire surface.
- After 15 minutes of exposure, the entire floor area should shine nicely. Some areas are still matt, should you rework: To do this, oil the areas again and leave them on again for 15 minutes.
- Now that Remove the oil with a squeegee. A small squeegee is suitable for the edges, for the large areas you can work with a squeegee with a long handle: This not only saves time, but also protects your back. Incidentally, you do not necessarily have to dispose of the excess oil: it can be stored in an empty container and used again.
- Next comes the Polishing machine for use. It ensures that the oil is properly incorporated into the soil. The best way to do this is to use a beige or red pad and walk evenly over the floor.
- Then you have to possible Excess oil remove on the surface with a white pad. A white cotton cloth is best for this process around the edges that are difficult to reach.
Important: Thoroughly remove all of the oil and buff it well until the floor is smooth to the touch. No damp spots should remain, as the oil forms sticky surfaces there that are difficult to remove.
- So that the oil and soil combine perfectly, leave the oil now Dry for 24 hours.
- For better surface protection, you can use a spatula the next day Hard wax Instruct. Then again important: Polish the floor again with the pads - first a coarser one (red or beige), then a fine one (white) is used.
Tip: This surface treatment is not only suitable for all wooden floors, but also for cork.
- Why are muscular men attractive
- What makes a person healthy
- Mansplaining is a real problem
- How much income tax is there in Australia
- What is a Borderline Personality Disorder 13
- How many US presidents were angry
- What was the Nazi Holocaust
- Which anchor texts are important in SEO
- McDonalds employees could eat for free
- How were generals as junior officers
- Is TripAdvisor B2B or B2C
- How to add real numbers
- What are the catchiest headlines
- How do I only open a bank online
- Is the WordPress miniOrange plugin safe
- What is a drop shipping business actually
- Exposing a whistleblower against the law
- What is Singapore Products for Shopping
- Who created AI
- Why do I find everything impossible
- Why do I hate having a crush?
- Why is my name on Quora
- Can a racist person stop being racist
- What are the biggest rip-offs in alternative medicine