Is Wuhan a good city for backpacking
Asia's longest river: China's mega-waterway, the Yangtze River
Called the “long river”, the Chinese Yangtze River is the longest river in Asia with its 6380 km. It divides the northern and southern parts of the giant state. In the meantime, tourism has also gained a foothold in its most beautiful sections.
From the Tibetan spring to the mouth of the port in Shanghai
Although it is the third largest river in the world, the Yangtze only crosses one country from west to east: the People's Republic of China. It rises in the northeastern highlands of Tibet. From there it crosses the province of Quinghai, the autonomous region of Tibet and subsequently six other Chinese provinces. Passing the metropolis of Chongqing, it finally flows into the East China Sea in Shanghai.
Industrialization leaves its mark
For the gigantic Three Gorges Dam, 13 cities, 1,500 villages, 497 ports and 4,000 hospitals were flooded. At the same time, forests and lakes fell victim to the construction of settlements. The numerous industrial plants on the Yangtze cause considerable pollution. Some native animal species are already threatened with extinction, the river dolphin is considered extinct.
Tourist highlights between culture and high-tech
Along the Yangtze there are picturesque landscapes such as the famous "Three Gorges" and other impressive geological natural monuments. The cultural city of Wuhan and numerous culturally and historically significant sites on the banks of the Yangtze are also worth seeing. The 600 km long reservoir with its large power station and its five-stage lock is an overwhelming sight. Numerous tour operators offer river cruises on the Yangtze.
Image: Bigstockphoto.com / gyn9038
- Is clickFunnels good for newbies
- What are the greatest memories in life
- What are the top colleges in Mumbai
- How does WordPress 1
- When do people realize their true calling
- How many zeros are there in a lot
- What are the top viral content websites
- Is microwave popcorn a healthy snack?
- How do I build stamina from zero
- What are facts and myths about religion
- Why do boys call girls ugly
- What is a 2nd world country
- How do I extract data from Google
- How do I integrate payment gateway APIs
- What's the greatest song ever
- What does the Tamil word Mersal mean
- Is curable from diabetes
- What is the open voting system
- What do people do beautiful things
- What role do the media play
- Why does the US not welcome refugees?
- Why is there no BJP without RSS
- What are the proofreading icons
- What fruits should I eat every day