Is it moral to obey the law?
Bernard Gerts moral rules
"So we now have ten rules:
1. You shall not kill.
2. You shouldn't cause pain.
3. You shouldn't incapacitate.
4. You should not deprive yourself of freedom or opportunity.
5. You should not withdraw pleasure.
6. You should not deceive.
7. You should keep your promises.
8. You shall not cheat.
9. You shall obey the law.
10. You should do your duty. "
Bernard Gert: The moral rules. A new rational justification of morality, Frankfurt a. M. 1983, p. 176
“The ten general moral rules listed below account for all of the kinds of actions that are morally prohibited or required. They make explicit that part of the moral system that informs moral agents if some excuse or justification is needed for their behavior. They are formulated to provide a clear and usable description of that part of the moral system.
1. Do not kill.
2. Do not cause pain.
3. Do not disable.
4. Do not deprive of freedom.
5. Do not deprive of pleasure.
6. Do not deceive.
7. Keep your promises.
8. Don't cheat.
9. Obey the law.
10. Do your duty.
All violations of any of these rules without adequate justification are immoral actions. Given the appropriate interpretations, these rules also prohibit all immoral actions. "
Bernard Gert: Common morality. Deciding what to do, Oxford 2004, p. 20.
See Bernard Gert: Morality. Its Nature and Justification, Oxford 1998, p. 216
- What is the prediction about OneCoin
- What is the most important thing about computers
- How many centimeters are in 100 meters
- Can Cuban civilians have weapons?
- What is the significance of the use of pictograms
- Is cloud hosting faster
- Regular walking makes a person smarter
- Why are so many Americans overweight
- More data is always better
- What are the most common affiliate networks
- Why are circles important in daily life
- What is alliteration
- What elements should an advertising banner have?
- Which business has 100 times the profit
- How do I disable security labels
- Germany is a first world country
- What is true independence
- What are the best drops for lightening eyes
- How do I cheer up older people
- What is a ballot
- Are you racist against Asians
- Why is veganism healthy
- What was your suffering from success moment
- What is more important friends or family