How would you define humanity
(& copy bpb)If something always has a value, one says: it has a dignity. Everyone has a dignity. Human dignity means that everyone is valuable because they are human.
Article 1 (1) of the Basic Law states:
The dignity of man is inviolable. It is the duty of all state authorities to respect and protect them.
This is how the philosopher Immanuel Kant explains human dignity:
Things are valuable when we can use them. Shoes, for example, are valuable if they fit and you can walk easily in them. When the shoes are broken and no one can walk in them, they are no longer of any value.
It's different with humans. That is why Kant says: Everything has a value, but man has a dignity. What has dignity is always valuable. A person is always valuable. Even if he is sick or unable to work.
What has dignity even has a special value. For example, when a person dies, you cannot simply replace him with another.
Article 1 protects people in their dignity.
The state must never treat a person as if he is worthless. The state must not leave a person who is in great danger alone, as if he were not worthy. The state must also protect people from others who treat them as if they are worthless.
Under no circumstances may the dignity of a person be violated. It doesn't matter how old a person is, what religion they have, what state they come from and whether they are a woman or a man. Human dignity is the most important rule in the German constitution. Nobody is allowed to violate a person's dignity.
That means: Nobody has the right to do violence to another person.
For example, during the Nazi era, disabled people were detained and killed because they had a disability. This is called "Euthanasia" murders.
Human dignity forbids such a thing. Nobody should be tortured or killed.
All people must be treated with dignity. No one who really needs help should be left alone.
This also applies, for example, to all people who are sick. And for all children who are without parents.
The dignity of people who have broken a law must also be respected. This has been confirmed by the Federal Constitutional Court.
It decided, for example, that people in prison must also have the hope that they will be able to leave the prison at some point. Also someone who murdered another person.
A life without hope is not dignified. A court must therefore check after 15 years whether a person can leave prison again.
Back to the home page: simply POLITICS. Lexicon in simple language
- How can I work legally in the USA
- What are unspoken rules
- The collapse of the US dollar is imminent
- How do I find profitable niches online
- Why are they celebrating Yulin in China
- Who is the CEO of NASA
- What's your rating of Bewakoof com
- What does a flag mean
- What paradox can possibly be debunked
- Can Huawei outperform Samsung in China
- Can Quora Blogs Kill Tumblr
- How does VAT work in wholesale
- What is the best therapy for anorexia
- Uses WP Engine Multisite for users
- Which typographic symbol has the most meanings
- Is diabetes completely cured and reversed
- Should I learn C net
- What changes the perspective
- Every novel needs paragraphs
- How good is presonus studio one
- How do you promote responsible mining
- Should we make communism like National Socialism illegal?
- Which is bigger crore or million
- What are the most watched TV shows