Time is just another dimension
Are there other dimensions?
We move in a three-dimensional world. But it may be that there are more dimensions than those we know, see and feel. There are theoretical models of our world that can explain the four fundamental forces known to us and combine them with one another.
String theory, for example, explains why gravity is so weak in relation to the other forces we know. But for this there must be at least six other dimensions. These extra dimensions are difficult to imagine. According to string theory, we cannot perceive them because they are so tiny that they are beyond our senses.
The tightrope walker can only move in one dimension on the rope; the ants, on the other hand, see a surface and can move in two dimensions.
Graphics: symmetry magazine / Sandbox Studio
Physicists have long wondered why gravity is so much weaker than all other fundamental forces. The force of gravity works between large masses, but is ineffective as much as we can in the very small, in the area of quanta. How much weaker it is than the electromagnetic force, for example, is easy to show: Have you ever held a paper clip with a magnet? The entire force of gravity that acts on the paper clip is already competing with a small magnet. Perhaps gravity is so weak in our world because it is distributed to other dimensions and we only feel a residual effect in our dimensions.
Evidence of the graviton
If the LHC detectors ATLAS and CMS find the graviton, the "carrier particle" of gravity, which has so far only existed in theory, this question would be answered. The collisions could open the hidden dimensions just enough that particles would move between our three-dimensional world and the other dimensions. Clues could be given by suddenly disappearing or emerging particles. In the experiments, a graviton twisting in hidden dimensions would manifest itself as an apparent violation of the conservation of energy.
- Why does the sea appear green
- Can a virgin woman orgasm?
- Which fruit combinations can be unhealthy?
- What drugs increase love
- Which laboratory tests detect cancer
- Is there true love 8
- Why don't people buy my product
- Will there ever be a draft again?
- What have I done a million times
- What to choose between money and family
- What are good quotes about friendship
- Are there any secret ramen noodle recipes
- How is Ginkgo biloba used
- Can replace Discord WhatsApp
- Why are card games so popular
- What is the percentage for passing
- Are there combinations of permutations there in GRE
- Are there private hospitals in Canada
- What do women think after sex
- How did TikTok get so popular
- What were some scams in your school
- How good is IIM Vizag
- What material is my coin
- Are many Pacific Islanders gay?