How does a diet affect obesity
Obesity - not entirely without risks!
Obesity can be combated with a change in food. (Photo by: © Gina Sanders / fotolia.com)
Obesity, the new widespread disease, whereby women are more frequently affected than men. Being overweight is defined by increased body fat with pathological effects from a body mass index (BMI) over 30.
Calculation of obesity by BMI
Obesity is divided into three groups and can easily be calculated using the body mass index:
- Body weight divided by height squared
Here you can post your Calculate body dimension index - In principle, the following basic result values apply, which, however, also depend on age and gender:
- Underweight 16-18
- Normal weight 19-24
- Overweight 25-29
- Obesity grade I 30-34
- Obesity grade II 35-39
- Grade III obesity> 40
Another calculation would be that Waist and the Hips:
- the healthy hip circumference in men is over 94 cm as risky and over 102 cm as very risky
- in women over 80 cm as risky and over 88 cm as very risky
In women, the fat is distributed in the hips and thighs, the so-called Pear shape. In the case of men, it is the belly distribution that does Apple shape.
How does obesity arise?
Basically you can say: You become overweight if you supply your body with more energy in the long term (mostly in the form of fat and sugar) than you consume (= positive energy balance).
However, there are other factors that affect ours Significantly affect the energy balance:
- our genetic makeup
- the partially unbalanced diet
- lack of exercise
- through emotional conditions such as stress, loneliness, depression and frustration
But also ours social environment plays a major role. Because the consumption of meat, sausage, fish, animal fats and (often hidden) sugar is two to three times as high as recommended by the World Health Organization for nutrition.
The fat tissue gets excessively through in the body high fat food accumulated, the energy supply constantly exceeds the energy consumption (Calorie turnover calculator).
This leads to considerable physical and psychological problems and a shorter life expectancy due to secondary diseases and side effects such as:
- Shortness of breath and shortness of breath
- Back pain and knee discomfort
- increased blood lipids
- increased blood sugar
- increased uric acid
- increased sweating
- Sleep apnea
- Varicose veins
- Fatty liver
- psychological problems
Sport has to be done to counteract obesity. (Photo by: © Picture-Factory / fotolia.com)
What are the dangers of obesity?
According to health experts, the most common concomitant illness in obesity of the high blood pressure. There is also an increased risk one Diabetes to develop.
Frequent unhealthy and one-sided diets lead to Metabolic diseases, Shortness of breath and shortness of breath, the formation of gallstones, arthrosis and back pain or stress on the spine, but also heart disease and stroke are the result.
What do I have to do with a BMI over 30?
If you are overweight or if you do not feel comfortable with your own weight, you should try to reduce your body weight partly through physical activity and a healthy diet (= Change in diet).
Great caution is advised here, because with one that is often successful Fashion diet (e.g. crash diets) the yo-yo effect is usually preprogrammed.
Tip: With good discipline, a little sport and a healthy, conscious change in diet, the prospect of success is guaranteed - and mostly without the yo-yo effect.
Link tip:An overview of diets
Obesity and society
In our fitness-oriented society, obesity is often not accepted. It can therefore too mental and emotional problems to lead.
Overweight people are often discriminated against and have less chance of making friends. They also have fewer career opportunities than people of normal weight (according to studies).
Rating: Ø 4.0 (83 votes)
- Who is Samuel in the Bible
- What is the backbone of the Canadian economy
- Who can help market my business
- What does Twitter do to inactive users
- What are some good books on rhetoric
- How do I get Amazon API access
- Why make the first impression last
- What is the ideology of the Roman Empire
- Health is your priority
- How did you deal with your addiction
- Celebrities play Dota 2
- Which building materials can be recycled
- What are Giffen goods
- What offends the Indians the most
- What is the risk in the energy industry
- Is psychiatry absurd
- What is the best SUV
- Why is gold a noble element
- What are some adult pc games
- Why is Quora suddenly moderating the answers
- Who designed the US coins
- Is Narendra Modi a good person
- Who designed the first skyscraper
- Why is cellular respiration necessary