Which country do the Maldives belong to?
independent since 1965
Dhivehi Raajje / Maldives
geographyThe Maldives are an archipelago in the Indian Ocean. The dwarf state has a total area of only 300 km² and a total coastline of 644 km. This land mass is roughly 1.2 times the size of Frankfurt. This makes the Maldives the second smallest country in Asia after Macau and the 32nd smallest country in the world. With 1,770 inhabitants per km², it is one of the most densely populated countries in the world. With an average height of only 2 m above sea level, it is one of the lowest-lying countries in the world.
The archipelago consists of 1,196 partially uninhabited islands. The Maldives do not have any directly bordering countries. The distance between Berlin and the capital Malé is approximately 7,670 km.
Maldives Time (MVT) applies nationwide in the Maldives. Unlike in Germany, however, there is no summer time here. So there is a time difference of 4 hours in winter. In summer, however, the time difference is 3 hours.
1 rufiyaa is divided into 100 laari.
Status: May 19, 2021
1 euro = 18.88 rufiyaa
100 rufiyaa = 5.30 euros
The climate in the MaldivesIn the Maldives, as in all equatorial countries, there is a tropical climate. There is no difference between the seasons as there is in Central Europe. The length of the day hardly fluctuates and the temperature differences between summer and winter are also smaller. The average maximum daily temperatures are between 30 and 32 degrees, depending on the season. In the colder months, the temperature drops to 26 ° C in the monthly mean at night.
Average day and night temperatures
According to the definition of the International Monetary Fund (IMF), the Maldives is one of the developing countries due to its economic performance.
|0% urban areas:||0 km²|
|26% agriculture:||79 km²|
|3% forests:||10 km²|
|70% other areas:||211 km²|
|Road network:||93 km|
The main cities
|city||Part of the country||Residents|
|Malé / capital||Maale||222.000|
|Kulhudhuffushi||Haa Dhaalu Atholhu||9.500|
|Thinadhoo||Gaafu Dhaalu Atholhu||6.380|
|Viligili||Gaafu Alifu Atholhu||2.930|
(Based on the World Bank's "Worldwide Governance Indicators" project)
|Rule of law:|
|Freedom of speech:|
|Death penalty:||exposed for over 10 years|
Existing trade agreements
- Clean everything with baby towels
- What are the problems with tariffs
- How does falling in love feel
- How can muscles and body be torn apart?
- What are the rules for the Illuminati
- What are your best ClickFunnels strategies
- How do you consume food
- Which courses are best according to BSC chemistry
- What is the worth of sin 120
- How can I be healthy and beautiful
- Where can solar panels be installed
- What causes diabetes
- What are some tips for living homeless
- What helps in developing social skills
- The negative effects of methamphetamine are exaggerated
- What goes well with dumplings
- Which vegan foods are ethically not vegan
- How do I start investing in Malaysia
- How developed is Malaysia
- Who can help me develop an app
- Which homepage is good for a blog
- Intelligent people are happier
- What is more important education or knowledge
- Why is homework called homework
- What paradox can possibly be debunked
- Is it worth collecting circulating coins
- Western people are now mostly polyamorous
- At what speed does light move through space
- Anyone can learn math
- How do I stay calm
- The space is an infinite emptiness of dimension
- What are the symptoms of testicular cancer
- How do I find new prospects online
- Girls like to wear shorts