Is a gaming PC worth the money
Is the current gaming PC at Aldi worth the money?
From April 29, 2021, Aldi Nord will sell the Medion Erazer Engineer P10 game PC for 849 euros with the six-core Intel Core i5 processor 10 400F, which has a base and turbo clock of 2.9 and 4.3 GHz is working. The processor from the 10th core generation is capable of hyperthreading, so it can process 12 tasks (threads) in parallel. The Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660 SUPER graphics card comes with 6 GB of GDDR6 video memory and is fully suitable for full HD gaming with very high quality settings.
Additional features include 16 GB of RAM, a 1 TB NVMe SSD and a WLAN-ax module that transmits with the new WiFi 6 standard and has Bluetooth. The special features of the Medion Erazer Engineer P10 include the in-win housing with a window made of real glass and a blue illuminated front panel and fans.
Graphics card comparison at PC-Welt: The best gamer GPUs tested
The Aldi PC has 2 x USB 3.0 ports, 1 x microphone and 1 x headphones at the front. On the back there are 2 x USB-A 3.0, 2x USB-A 2.0, 1 x LAN (RJ-45), 1x DVI, 1 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort, 1 x front line out and 1 x mic, 1x 5.1 audio Out available.
An optical USB mouse is included in the scope of delivery. Windows 10 Home is already preinstalled. The PC will be available from April 29th for 849 euros at Aldi Nord only in the online shop. Medion grants a three-year guarantee.
Assessment: The ChannelPartner sister publication PC-Welt has reconfigured the Aldi PC at Geizhals and comes to a total of 1048.47 euros. Building it yourself is already 200 euros more expensive! The Aldi PC therefore offers a good price-performance ratio. But what about complete PCs from other providers?
For 777 euros there is the similarly equipped HP Pavilion Desktop M01-F1113ng - however, the gaming PC only has a 512 GB SSD, neither viewing windows nor lighting and Windows 10 is also missing. However, if you still have a Windows license and can do without optical bells and whistles, the HP PC is better off.
Likewise 849 euros costs the Lenovo IdeaCentre G5 14IMB05 90N900D6GE without Windows 10 with 10400F, 8 GB RAM and 512GB SSD - but with the slightly stronger Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060. The better graphics performance speaks for the Lenovo PC, but 8 GB of RAM are a bit tight also executed here with two 4 GB bars. Since the mainboard only has 2 RAM slots, owners have to invest at least 73 euros additional when upgrading to 16 GB - provided a Windows 10 license is available.
More on the subject:
First quarter of 2021: Impressive growth in the PC market
ITscope market barometer Q1 / 2021 - PC systems are in demand again
Channel Excellence Awards 2021: The best PC manufacturers in the channel
- How do I lose a Singaporean accent
- What is the current Forex purchase rate?
- Which educational websites should I follow
- Can you calculate RGB
- What are the benefits of gender inequality
- Who was your guilty pleasure
- What's your rating on Myway app
- How conservative is Alberta Canada
- How many rupees are 10 cents
- Feel safe in Mumbai
- How difficult is a doctorate
- What makes us poor
- Republicans actively participate in the suppression of voters
- Why make the first impression last
- How big is a 6ft table
- What does a mass diet look like
- Uber is banned in Germany
- Is nationalism above all human values
- What happened to captured pilots during World War II
- Link building is part of SEO
- Which is the best script for exchanging cryptocurrencies
- What are some examples of DNA
- When did Claudius become emperor?
- Is there a herpes without sexually transmitted diseases