How do you live as a Muslim in Estonia
Sura 109"Islam has no religious tolerance"
"Say: Oh you disbelievers!
I do not adore what you adore
You still adore what I adore.
And I won't worship what you worship
You will still worship what I worship.
You have your religion and I have mine! "
In this sura, which begins with the command "speak", God puts the words into the mouth of his prophet Mohammed that he is to address his Meccan compatriots. It is made abundantly clear to them that Mohammed has a different faith from them. The last verse derives from this the demand: "You have your religion and I have mine!".
The Koran series is explained as a multimedia presentation
Sura 109 is often used to prove the religious tolerance of Islam. However, this is not about religious freedom in general, but only about Muhammad's own religion.
Otto Jastrow is Professor of Arabic Studies at Tallinn University and Emeritus at Erlangen-Nuremberg University. (priv.) At the age of 40 he had received the first revelations from God and had become his prophet. He preached a new religion, Islam, which was based on strict monotheism. The pagan Meccans were outraged by this and began to oppose Mohammed. He protests against this in this sura and insists on the right to his own belief.
But that he himself is not ready to accept the Meccans' belief in gods, his address "you unbelievers" shows. Mohammed revealed his true intentions when he emigrated to Medina in 622, where he made himself ruler of the city and ultimately of all of Arabia through clever politics. Now he began to ruthlessly enforce the conversion of all subjects to Islam.
The early sura 109 was overridden by later revelations, which called for the killing of all "idolaters" (sura 9,5) if they did not want to convert. Christians and Jews were given a third option, namely to take on "dhimmi" or "wards" status.
This practice, which is anchored in the Koran (Sura 9, 29), was used, for example, by the so-called "Islamic State" - for short: IS - when they conquered the Syrian city of Raqqa in 2013. Christians were given a choice: conversion or dhimmi status or "the sword".
The Christians who accepted dhimmi status had to pay the poll tax (jizya), they had to behave in a submissive manner towards the Muslims, and they were only allowed to practice their religion in such a way that no Muslim would feel offended in his religious feelings. All crosses had to be removed from the churches, bells were forbidden, as was loud prayer and singing during services.
Discrimination against other religions runs like a red thread through Islamic history. Since Islam is the only true and ultimate religion for its believers, other religions cannot have equal rights per se. That is why Islam has no religious tolerance; it is an ideal of the West.
The fact that the supporters of this ideal no longer believe in it is shown more and more frequently in the hasty subservience with which Christian positions are evacuated in Europe. In many places, Christmas trees are no longer erected in public, Christmas carols are no longer sung in schools, and as a highlight so far, two German bishops laid their crosses on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem to show "their respect" to the Muslim hosts.
Wouldn't it be time for Europe to reflect on sura 109: "You have your religion and I have mine!"?
- Why are South Koreans obsessed with Dokdo
- What is the prime factorization of 18
- Playing can increase your concentration
- What is criminal psychology like as a career
- Is a wormhole an elongated black hole
- How does the Canadian government support the unemployed
- Is It Safe To Eat Sprouted Yams?
- Why do fathers love their children
- What is meant by information retrieval
- Rahm Emanuel's political career is over
- Is bodybuilding unhealthy for a woman?
- Is Xi Jinping a nice guy
- Why is noodle counted as an Asian food
- How democratic was the Roman Republic
- What food should chickenpox sufferers eat
- The second America change failed
- What is the main purpose in your life
- Who was your guilty pleasure
- What are framework agreements
- Are girls approachable in Malaysia?
- Why do people call other people sugar
- What is a dual fuel diesel engine
- Disrupt the Indian peace by anti-citizens
- Has cryonics ever been tested on animals?