What is Involved in a Diabetic Diet
The food traffic light
A balanced diet contributes to a healthy lifestyle and can improve well-being in the long term. A nutrient-rich supply of food supports the immune system and can help maintain vitality and prevent disease. Diet is particularly important for diabetics, because with the right and, above all, healthy diet, you can help your body achieve better blood sugar levels in the long term. You also have the option of catching blood sugar peaks after eating. The selection of products largely follows the rules of a healthy diet without diabetes.
But which products should you consume in order to achieve a healthy diet suitable for diabetes?
The choice and the right amount of products depends on various factors. Your own energy requirements, age and gender are decisive. So you generally have a higher energy requirement if you do a lot of sport and a lower energy consumption if you mainly sit or stand. The following applies: Fresh fruit, vegetables and salads, legumes, whole grain products, rice, pasta or low-fat dairy products the basics of proper nutrition. But why?
Vegetables, legumes & potatoes
There are generally no restrictions on the consumption of vegetables, as vegetables and salads do not contain any significant amount of sugar. Legumes and potatoes are high in starch, water, and fiber. As a result, the blood sugar rises only slowly.
Fruit & fruits
Fruits and fruits contain a lot of fructose and thus raise the blood sugar level. At the same time, they contain a lot of fiber, which in turn slows down the rise in blood sugar. With fruits and fruits, you should make sure to distribute several small servings over the day in order to keep the blood sugar rise flatter.
Grain & Grain Products
Grain products should be part of your diet every day. It should be noted in particular that whole grain cereal products fill you up for a long time. They contain complex carbohydrates (starches), so the high amount of fiber reduces the rise in blood sugar.
- Why should a ghost touch your hair
- What makes you sad about yourself
- Why and where we use Steam tables
- What does a flag mean
- What does the symbol
- What is real estate investment
- Playing chess is forbidden in Islam
- How was the Roman government?
- Can I eat stale bread?
- What are some examples of unconditional love
- What is hard to hide
- Mitha is a girl's name
- What happens if you swallow fruit seeds
- Why has Facebook revised its advertising platform
- Can I join the military when I am 27?
- Why is matter created
- Harry Potter is black
- Albert Einstein had ADHD
- How can I raise a hyperactive child?
- How obesity causes mental depression
- What is the symbol for creativity
- Can cancer patients eat soy?
- What does it mean to install it manually
- How poverty differs from economic inequality