What continent is Australia on
The Australian continent
The Australian continent lies in the southern hemisphere, northwest of New Zealand and south of Indonesia. It has an area of around 7.69 million square kilometers and almost 25 million people live here. True is Sydney the largest city in Australia, however, is Canberra the capital. There are a total of three time zones on the continent. The animals living in Australia like kangaroo and Koala bear are certainly known to you.
It is believed that Australia was before his discovery and colonization by the British in the 18th century for a very long time Aboriginal was populated. For a long time Australia had the status of Convict Colonybecause prisoners and exiles were brought there. However, at the beginning of the 19th century, settlers also came there voluntarily. Larger gold finds in particular attracted more and more immigrants and a real one emerged Gold rush. At the beginning of the 20th century, the six colonies of Australia merged and independence from Great Britain was declared.
The great desert and semi-desert areas of Australia are called Outback designated. The famous 348 meter high Uluru sandstone cliffswhich one too Ayers Rock is located in the central Australian desert. Today it is considered a world cultural heritage. Some still live around the rock Aboriginal, the Australian aboriginals. The first humans came from Asia to the Australian continent around 50,000 years ago. Numerous peoples and different languages developed.
Cities in Australia
The population of Australia is very unevenly distributed on the continent: 90% of the people live in cities. The largest metropolises are Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide and Canberra. If you look at them on the map, you can see that the cities are on the coast. This is because the cities were founded at ports to allow a good trade route. Today the coasts also offer a high level of recreational value. The most famous hobby of the Australians is that surfing in the sea.
The largest is in Western Australia Iron ore mining of the world. The Mount Whaleback Mine is 5.5 kilometers long and 1.5 kilometers wide. The dismantled Iron ore is transported to the west coast via a 426-kilometer railway line. It is then exported by ship to China, Japan and South Korea. It is the main export good for Australia.
The town of Kalgoorlie was established in 1893 gold found. From this one developed rich gold rush town. Gold has been mined on the Golden Mile to this day. The gold mine is 3.5 kilometers long and 1.5 kilometers wide and over 370 meters deep. Through the mining, 28 tons of gold can be extracted there annually. However, the mine has now been closed because the gold projects have been exhausted.
How is it with them Wool production in Australia? Sheep's wool used to be the first product to be exported from Australia. The Merino sheep came to the continent with the first settlers. The Australian climate has contributed to the fact that the wool is of very good quality.
- Can you write Scrabble on Scrabble?
- Will the Facebook camera kill Snapchat
- What is a payment gateway
- Who actually believes in love?
- Is it safe to travel to Malaysia?
- Is money everything for you
- What pagan traditions besides Wicca practice magic
- President Trump really hates Nancy Pelosi
- Is time a fundamental or emerging phenomenon
- What is george in chinese
- Is IPTV legal in the US
- When did the food industry begin
- How is diamond for investment
- How to crack Steam games 1
- What if I die today
- What is a web API wrapper
- Are there any drugs that can be used to heal stomach ulcers
- How does sentiment analysis work in general?
- What is the best Rolex to own
- 20 Mbps is good for 720p video streaming
- Was Jesus Christ Catholic or Protestant?
- Who more pro science Republicans or Democrats
- Which Indo-European languages have vowel harmony
- What is the secret behind Jayalalithaa's death