What is the proportion of 240 percent
Determine the proportion
Felix likes to eat strawberry jam for life. At breakfast he reads the list of ingredients to his mother. After the strawberries comes the sugar.
For every 100 g of strawberry jam there are 40 g of sugar.
Felix wants to know how high it is proportion of of sugar in the jam.
So here is the whole (100 g) and the fraction (40 g). You are looking for the fraction that indicates the proportion.
There are 2 ways to determine the proportion. At some point you will definitely only take the second route, because it is faster.
Way 1: Think of an intermediate step.
You want to get from the whole (100 g) to the fraction (40 g).
Think of an intermediate step. 1 always works.
You can shorten $$ 40/100 $$: $$ 40/100 = 4/10 = 2/5 $$
The proportion of 40 g to 100 g is $$ 2/5 $$.
You can also think of other intermediate steps:
Way 2: do the math right away
You may already see that you don't actually need an intermediate step.
You calculate: $$ (fraction) / (whole) $$
So: $$ (40 g) / (100 g) = 4/10 = 2/5 $$
How to calculate the proportion:
$$ portion = (fraction) / (whole) $$
You gave the whole and the fraction. Then you can calculate the fraction of the whole.
As soon as possible.
Even more tasks
In a class with 28 students, 20 are on Instagram. What is the percentage of students who use Instagram?
Bill: $$ 20/28 = 10/14 = 5/7 $$
The share is $$ 5/7 $$.
In 2016 there were around 2,500,000 apps in the Google Play Store.
Around 500,000 of these are game apps. What is the share of game apps?
Calculation: $$ 500000/2500000 = 5/25 = 1/5 $$
The share is $$ 1/5 $$.
kapiert.decan do more:
- interactive exercises
- individual classwork trainer
- Learning manager
- What are the signs of an ulcer
- What Causes a Twisted Bowel in Dogs
- Are ClickFunnels good 1
- Why do evolutionists have a defeatist mentality
- What do Australians eat regularly?
- How can a physicist become a billionaire
- How did we discover physics
- How is antimatter related to normal matter?
- How easy is it to catch hackers
- Why are you answering a question here
- Tinted windows are a likely cause
- The bowel movement makes your stomach empty
- Why are the AirPod pros so expensive
- Why do I care about death?
- Which is more difficult HTML or CSS
- What is side landing
- Which foreign country is the best
- Which grocery stores check cashing of checks
- Which explorer made the greatest discoveries?
- How can you reduce cold calls
- Is the GTX 1060 6GB out of date
- What is a mail id
- Why do I find love boring
- Why was Pavarotti so good