How did Adam and Eve die
Eve and the forbidden fruit
The Bible (Genesis 3) reports the Story of Adam, the first man created by God, and his wife Evathat God formed from his rib. You live in Garden of eden godly until the Snakewho was smarter than any other animal, the woman temptation. She said: “Did God really say: You must not eat from any tree in the garden?” Eve replied: “We are allowed to eat from the fruits of the trees in the garden; only of the fruits of the tree in the middle of the garden did God say:You are not allowed to eat from it and you must not touch it, otherwise you will die. "The snake replied:" No, you will not die. Rather, God knows: As soon as you eat of it, your eyes open; you become like God and know good andAngry. “Thereupon Eve wanted to be informed and ate the fruit of the tree and also gave Adam to eat of it. “Both eyes opened and they realized that they were naked. “When God came into the garden, they hid from him. From this he recognized that they had eaten the fruit of the tree of knowledge and expelled them from paradiseHe said to Adam: Because you listened to your wife and ate from the tree from which I forbade you to eat: So the soil is cursed because of you. / You will eat of him with hardship / all the days of your life. He lets thorns and thistles grow for you / and you must eat the plants of the field. In the sweat of your brow / you shall eat your bread, / until you return to the field; / You are taken from him. / Because you are dust, you have to go back to the dust. " After the fall of man Adam called his wife Eve (Hebrew: life), which refers to her as the ancestral mother of all people.
Theology calls this event the fall of man. It consists in the fact that people, contrary to God's command, ate the fruit that distinguishes good and bad. The Bible doesn't speak of an apple - In early Christian art there are instead depictions of the fall of man with the fig. The apple found its way into this Christian theme through the memory of the ancient paradise apples or only through the Latin translation of the Bible. Latin means the evil 'malum ’. ‘Malus’ but means at the same time the Apple. This indicates either a translation error or a conscious play with the double meaning of the word. On one of the earliest representations of the Fall of Man in the catacomb of San Gennaro in Naples from the 2nd century AD. there is already the apple.
According to the Christian view, this was the original sin or original sin into the world: every human being is born into this sin as a descendant of Adam. But it also makes a connection from the tree of knowledge to the salvation history of man. The tree is equated with the cosmic, the world tree, which "reaches from earth to heaven" and is "planted as the tree of life on Calvary". Jesus goes through the path of suffering as a sacrifice in order to redeem man from this sin. To that extent is Jesus the new Adam. Adam is the disobedient because he eats from the forbidden tree, Jesus the obedient, who lets himself be nailed to the tree trunk of the cross to atone for Adam's sin. In the Middle Ages and modern times, the apple is often represented as an expression of overcoming original sin Snake with the apple in its mouth - so im English greeting by Veit Stoss (Lorenzkirche, Nuremberg). Madonna also often show the apple there Maria as the new Eve symbolizes the conquered sin.
1) Book Genesis, quoted from https://www.uibk.ac.at/theol/leseraum/bibel/gen3.html> [11.04.2017]
2) Liselotte Stauch, Apfel, in: Reallexikon zur Deutschen Kunstgeschichte, Vol. I (1935), Col. 748–751; in: RDK Labor, URL:
3) Original: Mircea Eliade, Histoire des croyances et des idées religieuses, Édition Payot, Pris 1978, 1992
German edition: Mircea Eliade, History of Religious Ideas, 4 volumes, Freiburg (Herder) 1979
Apple - symbol of beauty and strife
- Are CPAP cleaners effective?
- How does SEO in the website
- What are some personal trainer certifications
- Does Islam support pantheism?
- Do people really know each other?
- How many Americans own a gun 1
- How can love bring happiness
- Obesity was even possible in the Middle Ages
- Do you think nationalism is bad
- What symbolizes sisterhood
- How do I read a text message
- Where can you buy a UFO
- What is your highest score in a video game
- What can be sad or happy
- What is Korean food healthy
- Why are we still eating
- What is bad advice, but it sounds good
- Can a colonoscopy detect anal cancer
- Find Filipino Women Attractive
- Dances like jogging
- How many people can live on Mars
- Why is Noah's ark important
- Who was Socrates' teacher
- Why do foreigners go to China
- Is Italian food safe
- SEO is an important factor in advertising
- What habits keep people poor
- What are the consequences of consuming talcum powder?
- How does a company sell data
- Why is the Labor Party bad
- What are the startup costs for blogging
- Is it okay to use AdBlock
- How do I find niche relevant websites
- The space is an infinite emptiness of dimension