Can a square ever have 5 sides
Pythagorean theorem and its inversion
bettermarks »Math book» Geometry »Geometry» Pythagorean sentence group »Pythagorean theorem and its inversion
The Pythagorean theorem and its inversion Here you can find out what the Pythagorean theorem and its inversion mean and what a Pythagorean number triplet is.
The reverse of the Pythagorean theorem
A right angle can be easily staked out in the field. To do this, take a piece of string and divide it into 12 equal parts using 11 knots. With this string you can create a triangle with sides 3, 4 and 5, because 3 + 4 + 5 = 12. The result is a right angle. That this “trick” works does not follow from the Pythagorean theorem, but from its reversal. This inversion says: If in a triangle, then the triangle is right-angled, with the right-angle being the side with the length opposite. So you can use the side lengths of a triangle to check whether it is a right triangle.
Reversal of the Pythagorean theorem: If in a triangle with the side lengths, and the equation holds, then the triangle is right-angled, with the right angle facing the side with the length.
If you want to check a triangle for perpendicularity, only the longest of the three sides can be used as a hypotenuse.
Three natural numbers,, that satisfy the equation are called (triples because they are three numbers). The triple (,,) is such a Pythagorean number triplet.
- Is the quantum entanglement 4-dimensional
- How can we practically contain a wormhole
- Can an RPG destroy modern tanks?
- Where does the beauty come from
- What are the disadvantages of social networking
- What does quantum superiority really mean?
- What have unions done well
- Time really flows
- Why is sand white on some beaches
- Which song makes you pause and think
- Badgeville Product How do I start programming
- Who is Claudia Romani
- What can Indonesia learn from China
- Has anyone monetized their blog with Blogger
- Why is it important to save water
- Why do we have pubic hair 2
- What do you mean by respect
- Can you carry ammunition without a gun
- The United States is becoming more libertarian
- How do you increase the number of email newsletter subscriptions
- How safe is America to travel
- Can't a diabetic person become diabetic
- What happens to the body after moksha
- Who is the most respected British actress