Where are the roughest neighborhoods in Berlin
Ship Disasters: The Most Dangerous Seas in the World
The freighter “El Faro” was just off the Bahamas when Hurricane “Joaquin” came up with wind speeds of up to 215 kilometers per hour. The captain of the 224-meter-long cargo ship drove a risky course. Instead of staying several hundred miles away from the center of the storm as usual, he wanted to reach his destination port of Puerto Rico directly.
The last radio contact was on the morning of October 1, 2015, according to the US National Transportation Safety Authority. Then the ship disappeared. The security authorities assume that it sank a little later and that all 33 people on board were killed.
The "El Faro" was one of 85 total losses in global shipping last year: By this insurance companies mean ships that have sunk, burned down or been so badly damaged after an accident that only one scrapping remains.
85 losses meant a decrease of three ships compared to 2014. In a ten-year comparison, this is the lowest level. The number of ship accidents and ship damage also fell last year - by four percent to 2,687 cases.
No chance in a storm
The worst threat to ships is extreme weather: three of the ten largest ship losses in 2015 were caused by storms. The most accident-prone day of the week is Thursday - as in the case of the freighter off the Bahamas. Saturday is the safest day.
All of this emerges from the “Allianz Safety & Shipping Review 2015”. This global study on the safety of shipping is available to the “world”.
- How does Facebook get its sponsored ads
- Who are Vee24's competitors
- Are Singapore and Malaysia the same country
- Kill Avada Kedavra dragons immediately
- What is the reason for gallbladder stones
- Why is money important
- Is hedonism necessarily bad
- Can Vanilla Extract Get You Drunk
- Grab takes over Ubers' business in Southeast Asia
- Some drug addicts are happy
- What is the current state of Malaysia
- A parachute will open on the moon
- Where was your favorite travel adventure
- What is your choice of RSS feeds
- How to make lasagna
- When does Singapore have the most mosquitos?
- Is Russia overpopulated
- What does sapiosexual mean
- Gun violence is increasing in America
- Why are there viruses
- Why aren't all chargers super long?
- What colors go well with orange and gray
- Is life a dream lived
- Why is ontology important in philosophy
- Chlorine causes lung cancer
- How does something come out of nowhere
- How often are citizenships denied in Canada?
- How do you deal with rude people
- What does Isaiah 48 18 19 mean?
- Can you get thin with bulimia?
- Can we consider light as matter
- Is journalism a well-paying profession
- Who started the French Revolution and why
- Do you really need a vacuum cleaner