How do I record audio output from androids
Bluetooth profiles: Android sound played on the correct device
Do you know that? The Bluetooth audio on the portable speaker works fine, but suddenly a call comes in. The caller's voice can be heard loud and clear through the loudspeaker - but not you because the loudspeaker may not have a microphone or it may be too far away. How good that under Android you can specify for individual devices at any time which functions they should perform.
The Bluetooth protocol was essentially developed to enable audio and (to a lesser extent) data transmission between devices. Hands-free equipment in the car, portable speakers and headsets are examples of devices that can be connected to your Android smartphone via Bluetooth and can handle both media and call playback. You can specify for each device which functions it should fulfill and, if necessary, switch between them.
This is how you determine which Bluetooth device is responsible for what
In order to be able to manage and use Bluetooth devices, you must first switch on the associated function on your smartphone. To do this, swipe down from the top of the screen and tap the corresponding icon. Then swipe down again (on Android Nougat) and tap the word “Bluetooth”. You will now get to the Bluetooth selection menu. Your smartphone is now visible to other devices and devices that have already been paired are displayed. Now tap on "Details" to manage the devices. Next to each paired device you will find a small gear. Here you should give your devices a meaningful name. Now switch on one or more of the functions offered, such as:
- "Call function" (the device accepts incoming calls and uses the built-in loudspeaker and, if applicable, the microphone)
- "Media playback" (playback of music or audio books and other media takes place via this device)
- "Contact access" (the device can access your saved contacts)
In this way, you can prevent a paired Bluetooth speaker from accepting incoming calls, for example - or you can explicitly specify this. If you cannot activate certain functions, you must first be connected to the device or the function is not supported.
With Bluetooth profiles on Android, you can set standards for media playback, for example for calls and music.
Image: In-house creation: Pixabay
You can do this if the playback is on the wrong device
Suppose you are standing in front of your vehicle and a call comes in. Most car radios turn off when the ignition key is removed, but when people remain in the car, the radio often stays on as well. So that not everyone but you can listen in and make the phone call, you first have to manually disconnect the connection between the radio and smartphone.
To do this, swipe down from the top of the smartphone as described above. Now you have several options. Either you simply switch off Bluetooth and take the phone to your ear. Alternatively, you can redirect the playback to a headset you are using. To do this, call up the Bluetooth settings menu again and tap one of the other paired devices. The call will now be continued on this device.
The same thing works if a call is mistakenly played on your Bluetooth speaker or you want to play your media on another device.
- On Android, you can specify which Bluetooth device is responsible for which tasks.
- These tasks are called "Call Function", "Media Playback" and "Contact Access".
- To do this, the device must be paired with your smartphone and usually also connected.
- If you want to switch to another device during playback, you can do this with simple swiping and tapping gestures.
Have you ever switched your Bluetooth device during playback or during a call? Did that work without any problems? We look forward to your comment.
- The second America change failed
- Is religion a form of conditional nihilism
- How do you convert newtons to kilograms
- How do you interpret a confidence interval
- Sucking Quora right now
- UV water purification causes cancer
- What offends the Indians the most
- Why are cookies called that way
- What is community hygiene
- Regret moving to Canada
- Everything is fine
- How important is Hong Kong for China
- How were generals as junior officers
- Do eggs have lactose
- Which picture best describes you and why
- What is a good site for video chat
- What does PQ mean when collecting coins
- What is the Lutheran view of the saints
- What does an app update really do
- Why is life so boring 5
- What makes girls squirt
- Where is the coldest place in Myanmar
- How does obesity come about
- What is crypto market