All fats are bad for me
Healthy fats - These fats make you fit instead of fat
It is now well known that fat does not turn into love handles per se. But what are healthy fats? Which fat is healthy and which foods should you avoid? Fat facts and food tips for figure and health.
What are healthy fats?
There is no doubt about the link between dietary fat and diet-related diseases such as type 2 diabetes, heart disease and obesity. However, general guidelines on the consumption of fat do not recommend doing without it. Instead, they emphasize that in order to protect against diet-related diseases, it is particularly important to be aware of the quality of the fat in addition to the amount.
Fats are divided into unsaturated and saturated fatty acids. “Saturation” describes the chemical structure of fats. The unsaturated ones are healthy, the saturated ones should make up the smaller part of the diet.
Healthy unsaturated fats are lasting and satiety essential for many important processes in the body. Good for figure and health - what matters when it comes to fats.
Monounsaturated fatty acids
Are monounsaturated fats easily digestible and easily digestible. They help the fat soluble Vitamins A, D., E and K absorb, protect the organs and have a positive effect on cholesterol levels. In short: Monounsaturated fats are healthy. Definitely eat.
Good suppliers of monounsaturated fatty acids: Avocados, or peanuts Peanut butter, Rapeseed oil and olive oil.
Delicious protein replenishment. With every spoon.
Snack, spread, topping or sauce (such as our crispy stir-fry vegetables). Sweet or savory: peanut butter is the protein-rich all-rounder in your kitchen. Whether proteins for muscle building or Fiber during a diet - valuable nutrients support your performance in sport and everyday life. So a must-have. Curious? Then try your new favorite companion for your fitness kitchen today.Discover organic peanut butter now
Polyunsaturated fatty acids
Are essential. Above all, this includes Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids. Since the body cannot produce these fatty acids on its own, they have to be ingested with food. The DGE even recommends replacing monounsaturated fatty acids with polyunsaturated fatty acids in the diet if possible.
But be careful: Omega-6 fats are not healthy per se. If the body has to process too much of it, inflammatory reactions are intensified. Their ratio makes the polyunsaturated fats healthy: Omega-6 to Omega-3 is perfect in a 4: 1 ratio. Therefore, when choosing foods and oils, pay attention to their fatty acid distribution. Most foods provide significantly more omega-6 than Omega 3.
The omega-3 fatty acids DHA and EPA cannot be built up by the body independently, as described. Omega-3s in particular can help you keep your heart, brain, and eyesight functioning normally. Our omega-3 oil is vegan and comes directly from algae. For the sake of nature and you.
- Daily dose of important EPA and DHA fatty acids
- Supports normal heart function
- Ideal for everyday life & sports
Other good omega-3 suppliers: walnuts, fatty sea fish, linseed oil, and rapeseed oil Chia seeds.
Polyunsaturated fatty acids - preparation
Rapeseed oil is often used for deep-frying. French fat is still not healthy. Unsaturated fatty acids quickly oxidize to unhealthy trans fats when exposed to heat. Light, warmth and fresh air make the fats rancid quickly. Therefore it is best to store it cold and enjoy. Coconut oil is suitable for frying as it is heat-resistant up to 200 °.
Saturated fatty acids come predominantly from animal foods. You are suspected of raising unhealthy LDL cholesterol. That's why they should less than 10% of total daily calories turn off. Most people eat way too much saturated fat.
Saturated fatty acids are mainly found in: Contain fatty meat, sausage, whole milk products, cream, butter, chips and baked goods.
Coconut oil is a special case
Saturated fats are healthy for frying. you are Heat stable up to 200 ° and are less likely to oxidize to trans fats. The perfect frying oil is coconut oil. The healthy medium chain fats (MTCs) are too Energy instead of love handles made and keep you full for a long time.
- High proportion of valuable lauric and MCT fatty acids
- Minimal processing for maximum nutritional content
- 100% organic quality & vegan
Healthy fats: animal vs. vegetable
Plant foods contain the good fats. The fat sea fish joins them. All other animal fats should be served much less frequently than their vegetable relatives.
Tip: Butter can be perfectly replaced with avocado. Spread thinly, avocado is almost neutral in taste. If you like it nutty, you can also use a small portion of peanut butter.
Fat is healthy. But the calories?
With 9.3 kcal per gram, fat is significantly higher in calories than protein and carbohydrates. The optimal ratio of the three macronutrients can vary from person to person. The metabolic type, but also living conditions, sport and health influence the metabolism and the demands on food.
High Fat - Low Carb
High fat combined with a low carb eating plan can teach the body to burn fat more efficiently and use it as a source of energy. Healthy fats should not be eaten on-top, but instead of carbohydrates. Everyone benefits from this defined muscles would like, or on one efficient fat metabolism put for long loads.
Good fats for building muscle and dieting
On the one hand, fat can help to achieve a calorie surplus. On the other hand, fat makes you feel full for a long time and can help you eat less. In both cases, it leaves the Insulin levels rise less than carbohydrates. Insulin blocks fat burning and promotes love handles. Chia seeds instead of oatmeal for breakfast can be a first step towards defined muscles and a dream figure. You don't know what you can prepare delicious with chia seeds? We have a lot of delicious ones for you Chia seed recipes created for imitation.
- Healthy fats can help you lose weight and define muscles.
- More vegetable and less animal fats are healthy.
- The following applies to animal fats: the more species-appropriate the animals are and the more naturally they were fed, the better the quality of their fat.
- Omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids are essential and must be obtained through food.
- Every food is made up of different fats. The decisive factor is the composition of the fatty acids. The more unsaturated fats, the better.
- Unsaturated fats should always be prepared cold.
- Saturated fats like coconut oil are healthier frying oils than unsaturated fats.
Tip: start your free body check
Would you like to take your muscle building training to the next level? Or lose weight in a healthy and long-term way? Then start ours now free body check: Define your goals, leave yours BMIcalculate and receive individually tailored nutrition and training tips.Start the free body check now
- What are some shocking truths about life
- Why are the AirPod pros so expensive
- What is the importance of nutrition
- Can coolant get into an air filter
- What's your favorite food in Indonesia
- How do I get local SEO clients
- How do I save money in college
- Why are natural constants constant
- When did people become obese?
- Who made you the happiest person today
- Toastmasters is the best public speaking club
- Which countries have colonized Indonesia
- Why do diabetics have a silent heart attack
- How does frozen food cause cancer
- Why are you a pagan
- Why are people with ADHD disorganized
- How rich is Donald Trump
- Which color goes best with red
- How to stop craving for alcohol
- Is dyslexia legally a disability
- What is the secret of your beauty
- Should you even try to work in finance
- Should the government stop minting a few cents
- Is Tulsi Gabbard a bad presidential candidate