Sells Amazon counterfeit products
Branded products: Counterfeit goods on Amazon
Many consumers shop on the internet. However, counterfeits are also offered on online platforms such as Amazon Marketplace - to the annoyance of the original manufacturer and customers. In a random sample, Markt finds three counterfeit branded products (price includes shipping costs in each case):
- Gusti leather backpack Joe for 83 euros
- Lacoste polo shirt L1212 for 47 euros
- Adidas sports shoe Yeezy Boost 350 Kanye West for 14.01 euros
Cons for consumers
According to the customs, counterfeit products have these disadvantages in particular:
- quality: Counterfeit products are usually much worse processed than original goods, and inferior material is often used.
- health: Counterfeit paints and creams can contain toxic substances. Imitation sports shoes often have less cushioning, which can be bad for the back and joints.
- warranty: Buyers have no guarantee claims against the original manufacturer for counterfeit products. On the contrary: The manufacturers of the original products can assert claims for damages from the consumers.
Beware of very cheap offers
A healthy mistrust is appropriate on online platforms such as Amazon Marketplace, says Sabine Klauer, head of the Hafencity customs office in Hamburg. In the case of above-average inexpensive products, one can often assume that they are counterfeits. Your tip: if in doubt, click once more to find a trustworthy provider.
Hardly any action against online platforms
Amazon is not necessarily responsible for offers from third parties on the Amazon Marketplace platform, says Jens Borchert, lawyer specializing in information technology, copyright and media law. Only when a rights holder or a consumer reports a counterfeit product is Amazon obliged to remove the goods from the platform. But even if Amazon did not remove such an offer, companies could not claim compensation payments.
Expert calls for stricter regulations
In order to solve the problem of product piracy, the EU Commission would have to make improvements. According to Borchert, there are two options: The operators of online platforms would have to be obliged to check violations as a preventive measure. And liability privileges would have to be deleted.
Economic damage from product piracy
According to current estimates by the EU Office for Harmonization in the Internal Market, legal companies in the field of counterfeit bags and suitcases lose revenue of around 1.6 billion euros per year through counterfeiting. That corresponds to 12.7 percent of sales in this branch of industry.
Medical reviews: how serious are portals?
When looking for a doctor, many rely on reviews on the Internet. But portals like Jameda, Docinsider and Sanego have come under fire. How do you find a good doctor? more
This topic in the program:
Market | 10/24/2016 | 8:15 pm
- What do the Chinese call China?
- How can you sort out copper pennies
- Japanese girls are good to marry
- What is LFSR
- What do flour water and eggs do
- How many years was BC
- Honestly, would you choose passion over money
- Shane McMahon ruins the WWE
- What is pairwise independence of two events
- Why are twin babies born
- Where can I put up an idea for a social network
- How can I delete IIM Ahemdabad
- Steam baths heal the lungs of ex-smokers
- What are the basic yoga asanas
- Can quitting really help a lifelong smoker?
- How can I get the best web hosting
- How does Warren Buffett read so much
- Why is Mecca a sacred place
- How can foreigners find work in Norway?
- What's the problem with quantum computers
- Why are bad films made
- Trumps' tariff strategy is paying off
- How do I divide up my training days
- What is elitism