What are some secret places on earth
Shooting of ZDF / 3sat documentary about secret places on earth
Kolmannskuppe was once considered the richest city in Africa. Today the place where diamonds used to be found on the street is deserted.
Copyright: ZDF / Carsten Gutschmidt
There are places on earth that are inaccessible to most people. A film team visits some of these places for a new ZDF / 3sat commissioned production with the working title "TABU - Forbidden Places". Filming begins with a trip to the diamond mines on the Skeleton Coast in northwestern Namibia. The documentary can be seen in 2019 on "Terra X" on ZDF and 3sat.
The Thuringian railway official August Stauch found the first diamonds in Namibia in 1908 and thus triggered a diamond rush. Many soldiers of fortune then searched the dry landscape for the precious stones and became billionaires. But why is there still a huge restricted area around the sites? Author Friedrich Klütsch and director Carsten Gutschmidt try to find out which secrets are hidden beyond the barbed wire.
The second forbidden place the film team visits is a chapel in the Ethiopian village of Axum. Despite its inconspicuous appearance, the little church is said to contain one of the greatest secrets of mankind: the Ark of the Covenant, which according to the biblical representation should contain, among other things, the two stone tablets with the Ten Commandments and is thus one of the most sacred objects for Jews and Christians.
The third location is not only off-limits to visitors, it can even be fatal. An indigenous people live on the island of Nord-Sentinel in the Indian Ocean who do not want any contact with the outside world. Anyone approaching the island risks being shot at with arrows. Since 1996 the Indian government has declared the island a strictly guarded restricted area in order to protect the Sentinelese people from intrusive tourists and poachers as well as possible visitors from the islanders.
Contact person: Magda Huthmann, phone: 06131 - 70-12149;
Press desk, phone: 06131 - 70-12108, [email protected]
Photos are available from ZDF Press and Information, phone: 06131 - 70-16100, and from https://presseportal.zdf.de/presse/terrax
"Terra X" on Youtube: https://bit.ly/2AK1f01
"Terra X" on Facebook: https://facebook.com/ZDFterraX
"Terrax X" on Instagram: https://instagram.com/terraX/
Mainz, November 16, 2018
ZDF press and information
- How do I get sponsors
- Was Julius Caesar really captured by pirates?
- How much aluminum is an aluminum can
- Make online payments instantly
- What is a human right
- What is dirt in the household vacuum cleaner
- Is Tableau a data analysis tool
- Why are tolls better than taxes
- Does video advertising really work online?
- How can you start blogging
- What is Search Engine Optimization 11
- Can I cash my own money order?
- Where can I safely submit innovative ideas
- Which banking job is recession-proof
- Why did Blizzard render all professions unusable
- How many Americans own a gun 1
- Can be a cult
- McDonalds Wendys or Burger King Why
- Who can learn big data
- Anyone can learn math
- Is Amazon FBA inexpensive
- How did you celebrate Diwali of 2019
- Is it okay to be weird?
- How many 6-digit numbers are there