What is shahada
In Islam, a creed is a public expression of personal faith to which the speaker professes.
A creed serves the recognition by the Islamic world community [ummah] and summarizes the essential contents of the belief bases.
A Muslim's creed [shahada] is:
"I testify: There is no god but Allah and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah."
[aschhadu a (n) la-ilaha-ill-allah wa aschhadu anna muhammadan rasulullah]
Publicly speaking the creed with righteous intent [niyya] is sufficient to be recognized as a Muslim. Belief in the tribe of religion [usul-ad-din] is significant for inner sincerity.
The creed is also the first thing that is whispered in the ear of a newborn after birth in the form of a call to prayer, and the last greeting that a dying person utters.
The Islamic creed has a peculiarity compared to all other creeds. While the other confessions with "I believe in..."begin, the Islamic creed begins with a clear rejection, which is particularly evident in the Arabic wording. It begins with "la"(no)which is a denial and defection, because only when you part with all that is false can you accept the truth. Only when the dirty glass is cleared of everything dirty can it absorb clean, cleansing water.
The creed is also referred to as "both creeds" [shahadatain], as it consists of two creeds, the second creed of the Prophet Muhammad (s.) Following the first creed of unity [tawhid] based on the principle of prophethood.
A variant of the creed must also be recited during the reading of the creed [tashahhud] in the ritual prayer. There it says:
"I testify: There is no God but Allah, He is Unique and nothing is like Him, and I testify that Muhammad is His servant and Messenger."
[aschhadu a (n) la-ilaha-ill-allah, wahdahu la sharika la, wa aschhadu anna muhammadan abduhu wa rasuluhu]
The peculiarity of this variant consists in the fact that the Most High of all creatures, Prophet Muhammad (s.) Is first presented as a servant and only then as a messenger [nabi], because only the position of an (ideal) servant of God leads to prophethood.
The first part of the creed is known as the declaration of divine unity [tahlil].
- Can a person die from prostate cancer
- Why does nobody change the education system
- What happens when you stop doing squats
- Why am I losing interest in everything
- Is the Dyson v11
- Why Most Foreign Students Are Chinese
- How does life work over time
- What are eutrophic lakes
- What is the oldest temple in Chennai
- Which countries support Israel
- What are some famous kpop scandals
- Is it difficult to start a podcast
- Why did Thanos' glove break
- How were generals as junior officers
- How can I buy cheap hosting
- What are you here for 2
- Can a human rights violation be justified?
- Will every question on Quora be answered correctly
- What is the future of TensorFlow
- How old is John F. Kennedy
- Why is love more important than money
- Is it worth working in Dubai's financial industry
- Is Thailand a polluted country
- What are the most watched TV shows