The bipolar disorder gets worse with age
Psychiatry, Psychosomatics & Psychotherapy
However different a bipolar disorder may be from patient to patient, it always runs in phases or episodes in which a certain mood prevails (manic or depressive). The individual phases often come and go at irregular intervals. On average, the depressive phases last about four to twelve months without treatment, the manic phases are significantly shorter. Occasionally, manic or depressive episodes merge or even occur at the same time (mixed phase). Between the acute episodes of illness there are more or less long periods of time, depending on the course, in which the affected person has no symptoms whatsoever. Suicide attempts and suicides almost always occur during or immediately after depressive or mixed phases.
Psychotic symptoms such as delusions indicate an unfavorable course of the bipolar illness: Those affected suffer two to three times more relapses than bipolar patients without psychotic symptoms and about two-thirds develop psychotic signs again with the next mania. In the case of rapid cycling, the long-term prognosis is often poor, as the unstable mood often persists between the phases. Those affected therefore have severe problems coping with everyday life. Most patients with bipolar disease regain their quality of life with individually tailored therapy.
- What does love mean to a woman
- Are just one student less happy?
- How Much Minimum Cost of Living in the US
- How long do Rayban glasses last
- How do exchange rates affect the business?
- What is a standard morning
- Is online education the future of education
- How do you deal with your intelligent wife
- Which Bollywood actor is the most sarcastic
- Is an optimal stop in relation to sampling in the reservoir
- You can ignore a civil action
- Why do Malaysians still sleep?
- What are examples of visual metaphors
- What is a social lubricant
- What are dual vector spaces
- Why is Instagram good for advertising
- Chlorine causes lung cancer
- What are some inappropriate Greek mythologies
- Can you be blocked by Quora
- Who needs clarity in their life
- How did black soldiers feel after the Second World War?
- Which countries start with the letter R.
- What food is famous in Pondicherry
- How many Indians still listen to the radio
- How can I make myself less ugly
- What glucose is consumed by diabetes patients
- What is your preferred historical inaccuracy
- Will solar panels generate insurance premiums
- Eat parsley
- What are some logical arguments against determinism
- Everyone knows everything
- Can your job make you rich
- What do business analysts use SQL for