Regular walking makes a person smarter
Brain jogging Running makes you smart
"We have now been able to show for the first time that very specific mental achievements benefit directly from sport," explains Professor Manfred Spitzer, Director of the Clinic for Psychiatry and Psychotherapy III at Ulm University. The study has shown that stimuli are processed faster and more effectively through regular exercise. After just six weeks of intensive running training, significant improvements in the areas of “visual-spatial memory”, “ability to concentrate” and “positive mood” were found.
Over a period of 17 weeks, the research team let the almost 80 participants train hard. In addition to the training units, psychological tests and measurements of the brain's electrical activities were on the program. The result: The athletically active test group was able to achieve a significant improvement in spatial imagination.
Fitness pays off
The scientists were particularly impressed by one aspect: exercise can compensate for the depletion of the dopamine level, which is important for brain performance and which triggers mental exertion. The EEG examinations also showed a clear connection between physical fitness and electrical brain processes. This means: Fitter subjects show faster and more efficient stimulus processing.
But even the best training is of no use without learning. "The potential of the brain can be increased through endurance training, but of course just running is not enough," the experts say. Spatial imagination benefits more from physical activities than verbal memory. Learning vocabulary is not really easier, even if you walk.
However, it remains to be seen which forms of movement particularly improve mental performance, as well as the optimal duration of the activities. From the point of view of the scientists, the consequences of their findings for school policy and the organization of lessons are appropriate in any case. In any case, reduced or canceled sports hours are the wrong approach here.
Source: Ulm University
- Would the US elect an obese president?
- How can you avoid responsibility
- Is it ethical to ask moral questions?
- What exactly does Twilio do
- What is your personal form of meditation
- How can I increase my blogger SEO
- Chinese people eat dog meat
- Melanoma causes pain
- How much space does the room have
- What is import and export
- Was Fury a real tank during WWII
- What is panning in relation to music
- What religion is Luthrean
- How does immunotherapy work for cancer
- Where can I sell movie tickets
- What is a bull barrel
- What is the most mysterious book
- Who is your same sex celebrity crush
- How bad is the pill epidemic
- What does 5G mean for network operations
- Where can I get clean drinking water
- How does Amazon deliver its products
- Why are HOA fees higher for condominiums
- What are the best knee chairs
- 325 is a good score in GRE
- Is KMS Activator a virus program malware
- Will the economy recover in 2020?
- Regret not being with someone
- Are recyclable items considered as waste
- Can you share some screenshots
- What are some of the major industries in India
- How do you live as a Muslim in Estonia
- What is the price of money
- Where is Lee Harvey Oswald buried