What is the hard truth about hygiene
Hygiene: Are solid bars of soap spinning germs?
Solid soap has made a comeback in the past few years. Because it is economical, saves plastic packaging and transport emissions. But especially in times of the corona virus, many are wondering: is it as hygienic as liquid soap from the practical dispenser? After all, it passes through a lot of dirty hands every day and offers enough space for germs on its damp surface.
The all-clear comes from the German Advice Center for Hygiene (BZH) in Freiburg. A bar of soap is - at least in private households - no more unhygienic than a soap dispenser, says its director, Ernst Tabori. Because germs could be found on the moist surface of the bar of soap. But they do not survive long in an unfavorable environment for them. In the case of soap dispensers, on the other hand, germs can accumulate on the pump mechanism.
It is not the dosage form that decides, but the application
We can get rid of both of them simply by rubbing our hands thoroughly after soaping and rinsing them under running water. The decisive factor, according to Tabori, is not the question of "piece or donor". It's that we wash our hands with soap in the first place.
By the way, it doesn't matter whether we wash our hands with hot or cold water. More important is the duration (at least 20 seconds) and drying with a clean towel.
However, additional disinfection after washing your hands is not necessary. The BZH and the Robert Koch Institute unanimously explain this. Antimicrobial additives in soaps are also superfluous and, according to the Federal Environment Agency, unnecessarily pollute wastewater and surface waters.
Exceptions apply if family members in the household suffer from highly contagious diseases or have a weakened immune system. Then, according to the Federal Center for Health Education, additional disinfection can be useful.
- LEGO is a good investment
- How do I find an MVNO provider
- How dangerous is kayaking
- What is the twin paradox
- There are infinitely many mathematical and logical paradoxes
- How can we define religion 1
- What are social problems
- Why do the Chinese like to eat?
- WordPress themes are a one-time purchase
- What makes you sad about yourself
- Vietnam is richer than North Korea
- The Greeks respect Atatuerk
- What can space-time bend
- How do you get questions to Quora
- Are time and space discontinuous
- Talcum powder is harmful to the skin
- How does DuckDuckGo generate revenue
- Why do videos have to be color corrected?
- What are travel technology companies
- Which anchor texts are important in SEO
- Who pays the tariffs in the end?
- Why didn't Nancy Pelosi say impeachment
- How do we measure gender equality
- Why is your belly getting so big