How safe are adjustments in chiropractic
Tips for self-help
If you are looking for more information about chiropractic, you will find useful links on the topic, tips about treatment and self-help as well as answers to frequently asked questions.
In our download area you also have the option of downloading documents such as our anamnesis and information form.
Thanks to their qualified and specialized training, chiropractors can safely and effectively treat not only adults, but also babies, children, pregnant women and the elderly.
Chiropractic can be used for many acute and chronic pain complaints of mechanical origin, but also for other, not acutely painful complaints.
Diseases to be treated by chiropractic are z. B .:
- Headache, dizziness, tinnitus (ringing in the ears), TMJ discomfort
- Neck pain, tension, torticollis, whiplash injuries (injuries caused by accidents)
- Pain and restriction of movement of the shoulder and shoulder blade
- Tennis elbow, golfer's elbow, and other elbow joint ailments
- Carpal tunnel syndrome, fingers / hands falling asleep, and other hand and wrist disorders
- Intercostal neuralgia, pseudoangina pectoris
- Lumbar spine syndrome, lumbago, lumbago
- Disc protrusion and herniation, sciatica and other radiating or punctiform pain in the leg
- Hip joint discomfort
- Knee and ankle discomfort
- Especially with children: colic, motor disorders, developmental delays (e.g. kiss syndrome), baby babies
- Sports injuries
Degenerative changes (e.g. osteoarthritis) or osteoporosis are not exclusion criteria for chiropractic treatment. By adapting the treatment technique accordingly, the therapy can also have a pain-relieving effect on osteoarthritis and osteoporosis patients.
In our experience, most symptoms require between 6 and 9 treatments. Decisive factors here are the duration of the existing complaints, the age of the patient and the general state of health. Professional and private circumstances also play an important role. A subjective improvement is often noticeable after a few visits.
In the case of severe, long-lasting symptoms, more treatments are usually necessary. As soon as there is an improvement, we reduce the treatment frequency in a controlled manner.
Chiropractic takes a holistic approach, which is why it is our aim to get the most complete picture of your complaints as possible in conversation with you.
This is followed by chiropractic, orthopedic and neurological function tests. Posture and gait analyzes as well as the analysis of the functional status of your muscles usually conclude the examination.
If necessary, we can also use imaging methods to examine the spine and specific laboratory tests to help us make a diagnosis.
At the end, we will work with you to develop a treatment plan that will have the most lasting positive effect on your wellbeing.
Chiropractic is a very low risk treatment when practiced by a qualified chiropractor.
Depending on the patient and the symptoms, there may be temporary and harmless side effects (such as sore muscles), which are a desired reaction of the body to the treatment. Permanent damage is extremely rare after professional treatment. We will explain your individual risks to you in advance as part of the initial examination.
Chiropractic is an independent science and health discipline that is used in other European countries and z. B. is established in the state health system in the USA, Canada and Australia. Here the chiropractor is already a legally recognized, independent job description.
The 5-6-year chiropractor training consists of a full-time university degree and a subsequent assistantship. Depending on the university, the graduate receives the degree of Master of Science in Chiropractic (MSc / MChiro, England) or Doctor of Chiropractic (D.C., USA).
A chiropractor is usually a non-medical practitioner with an additional qualification in chiropractic.
Privately insured persons:
We bill according to the Fee Ordinance for Alternative Practitioners (GebüH). The treatment costs are covered by private health insurances, subsidies, Postbank B and private supplementary insurances that reimburse alternative practitioners' benefits at different rates.
Your health insurance company will provide you with information about the services it will reimburse for treatment in our practice. We cannot guarantee a 100% reimbursement as this depends on your individual insurance contract.
Statutory health insurance:
In Germany, most of the statutory health insurances unfortunately do not yet cover the costs of chiropractic treatment. In this case, as an insured person, you pay for the service provided yourself. However, individual statutory health insurances are now taking over part of the treatment costs. Please inquire directly with your health insurance company about possible reimbursement of costs.
At chiropraktik.de you can find competent specialists in your area on the website of the professional association of German chiropractors. In other European countries you will find what you are looking for at www.ecu.org.
The following tips can provide additional support for chiropractic treatment:
As part of the treatment:
Please walk for 5 to 10 minutes after each treatment. This will support the therapy and give your body time to adjust to the changes. During this time you should absolutely avoid carrying loads such as B. heavy handbags or backpacks.
Do not do any sport on the day of the first treatment and, if necessary, after the subsequent treatments.
Get preventive treatment at regular intervals. Prophylaxis is not only good for your teeth, but also for your spine. We would be happy to advise you on this.
In everyday life:
Drink enough water (2-3 liters per day).
If necessary, follow your individual exercise / stretching program in order to increase your well-being and achieve maximum treatment success.
Frequently change your sitting position (chair type, chair height, seat inclination, arm and backrest adjustment).
Pay attention to your posture: Frequently crossing your legs while sitting, wallets in your back pocket and sleeping on your stomach all the time can have a negative effect on the success of the treatment.
- Why are people still buying Vivo phones
- Is affiliate marketing worthy or unworthy
- What kills current or voltage
- Eating can make people happy
- What does Isaiah 48 18 19 mean?
- What are non-fiction books
- How does cannabis use affect antipsychotics
- A high protein diet is really for me
- How do I become an international chef
- Can dogs see color
- How do obese people control their eating habits
- Which Bible characters were afraid?
- When did handguns become popular?
- A parachute will open on the moon
- What is the secret of creativity
- How many rakats are there in Isha
- Who played the harmonica in Beatles songs
- Bitcoin Cash is now the real Bitcoin
- Are we all unique why
- Used Discord as a dating site
- When was space created?
- Which companies are dropping ship
- Do Jews identify as white?
- What were Shakuni cubes made of