Why was Jesus persecuted
Why Was Jesus Crucified?
Like it or not, the cross is a symbol of Christianity. Any marketing professional would have advised the Church against it. How can one use just one execution instrument as a logo? How can one take just one symbol of violence for a religion of peace? Okay, the cross is not part of the Christian faith because of any choice for it, but because Jesus was executed on it. But did he really? And if so, why?
The symbol of the cross
Considerations about the cross are not new. Not even about how it can be that this symbol of helplessness and failure stands for Christ like no other. On the contrary: Such thoughts were even more relevant in the past than they are today. In the meantime we know the cross almost exclusively polished as a piece of jewelry and no longer in its cruelty as a gallows. But that was different in antiquity. At that time Paul stated: "That Jesus Christ died for us on the cross must seem nonsensical to all who are perishing" (1 Corinthians 1:18). The cross has always polarized.
Was Jesus Really Crucified?
This question arises. But the big questions are more about the trimmings. Was Jesus Really God? Did he actually rise from the dead? The fact that a Jew named Jesus of Nazareth was executed on the cross around the year 30 is historically well documented: The four Gospels report it in detail, as does the Roman historian Flavius Josephus and many others. And since the Romans were experts in crucifying, it is more than unlikely that they crucified Jesus but that he only appeared to die. Apparently, Jesus was actually crucified.
Did Jesus die on the cross?
Hundreds of thousands of people were probably executed on the cross during the Roman Empire. So what makes a dead person - Jesus of Nazareth - so special? The Bible states that he “gave himself up as a sacrifice for our sins. He gave his life to free us from all evil that dominates the world today, and in doing so has fulfilled the will of God our Father ”(Galatians 1: 4). The special thing about Jesus' death is obviously not the way he died, but the relation to our guilt. He died to deliver us from evil. Paul emphasized this at the time. And that's what Christians emphasize today.
The cross as a sign of love
Virtually all people experience in the course of their lives that this world is not as good as it should be. And that they are not as good themselves as they could be. Many therefore set out to look for ways out, for ways to become different. But the idea of changing your life on your own, of living life the way it should be, just doesn't work. And right in the middle of this hopeless situation, Jesus allows himself to be executed innocently. To underline how much he loves us. “Nobody loves his friends more than he who gives his life for them,” emphasizes the Gospel of John 15:13. At the same time, Jesus on the cross eliminates the problem of our guilt from the world. Because according to 1 Peter 2:24 he is the one "who carried our sins up to the cross in his own body so that we have now died to the sins and can live for what is right before God."
The meaning of the cross
All of this sounds like God is saying, "Because you can't do anything, I'll do it." In a way, it takes your personal bankruptcy declaration to understand the cross. Would you like to talk to someone about that first? It's clear. Gottkennen.de's e-coaches are happy to be there for you.
- Can a local teach at an international school
- Fenugreek seeds reverse type 2 diabetes
- A Labor government will bankrupt Britain
- SEO READY in the WordPress theme
- What is a rectangular hyperbola
- What happens to old aircraft carriers
- Why do cookies go flat when baked
- What is an ADX indicator in stocks
- Most patents are useless
- Can cancer patients eat soy?
- Why do Greeks and Armenians look alike
- How is education in your country?
- How can we define religion 1
- Can I drink my own body fat?
- What diet program can cause diabetes
- When to stop eating before bed
- Why is wisdom important to a leader
- How's that killing
- What is FAQ
- When should I normalize data
- Why is humanity so cruel
- How much rent is fair to pay
- Why are Americans so averse to socialism?
- What makes a Ghanaian wedding fun
- What's a secret about you
- How can you recognize real stainless steel
- What is real estate investment
- What is traditional food
- Which washing machine brand is the most reliable
- How did people from ancient times think
- What is something new that you recently learned
- Loyalty is an overrated virtue
- How has the meritocracy helped or harmed Singapore
- What is the best kitchen floor tile