What is the function expandtabs in Python
Python String method .expandtabs () for converting tabs into spaces
This method converts all tabs (\ t) contained in a string into spaces. 8 spaces are used for a tab, provided no other information is given as a parameter:
Let's look at it as a sample code:
As a result we get the following output:
Parameters for expandtabs ()
You can use the parameter to specify the number of tabs you want if you would like a number other than 8 (which corresponds to the standard setting).
And as a result we get:
Even if the setting for the tab stop for 2, 3 as well as for 4 does not seem to change anything, the behavior fits. In the example, the start of all 3 settings after the first converted tab is 12. And 12 is a multiple of 2, 3 and 4.
Everything up to position 10 is occupied by the previous text plus a space. So the tab can “work” only after 10. Let's look at the rows:
For the 2 series:
2,4,6,8,10 (everything not possible), 12 (and this is where our text starts)
For the 3 series:
3,6,9 (everything not possible), 12 (and this is where our text starts)
For the 4-row:
4,8 (everything not possible), 12 (and our text starts there)
For the 6 series:
6 (not possible), 12 (and this is where our text starts)
The 5 series is different because our text here starts at 15, 5.10 (everything is not possible), 15 (starts our text)
Recommend • Social Bookmarks • Thank you
- You can fight bipolar disorder without medication
- Can you prevent asparagus piss
- Where can I find out about blockchain?
- Why did Star Wars Battlefront 2 fail
- Why are Methodists called Methodists?
- What made the Roman army so powerful?
- Who needs ICSI
- Are chia seeds good for weight loss?
- Why isn't Australia Asian
- What is unique about influencer marketing
- Who is behind the protest in Hong Kong?
- How can I get Indonesian citizenship
- What is the fastest LMP racing car
- Women ejaculate while masturbating
- Is Elizabeth Warren a high IQ person?
- Are gaming chairs good
- What is the average income of Malaysia
- How do you visually represent 4 dimensions
- What does Dollar Pegged Currency
- What problems will vegetarians have in Japan?
- What are the benefits of chicken
- What are the country exports in India
- What are bespoke gifts
- What is an example of student goals