What is a good diet for teenagers
Losing weight during puberty - this is how you can help your child
At puberty the child is still growing, should one think about losing weight? On top of that, parents find it difficult to make dietary prescriptions. But now every fifth child in Germany is overweight!
If we do not learn as children and adolescents to achieve and maintain normal weight, it usually becomes all the more difficult in adulthood. A low quality of life, poor wellbeing and health problems can be the result.
Here's how you can help your child lose weight during puberty.
Living the right way of life as a parent to support weight loss through puberty
Above all, children pay attention to what people do around them. And so it is much more important for parents to model a healthy lifestyle than to dictate to the children.
First, talk openly about it with your child and try to find out what could be the causes of obesity. Boredom, frustration, problems at school or stress with friends can be non-illness-related triggers.
Eliminate the cause together with your child and then start a better life together through a balanced diet and more exercise.
Losing weight during puberty only works with a healthy diet
The ideal weight for a child is rather a feel-good weight. So forget about counting calories, daily weight on the scales and diets. It can be lost during puberty by simple measures without having to forego enjoyment and taste.
Control creates back pressure. Forcing the child to diet could only make the problem worse. It makes much more sense to offer alternatives that automatically create a healthier lifestyle.
5 tips for "losing weight during puberty"
Lose weight through fun and games
It is difficult to compete with the TV and the mobile phone, but there are many alternatives to offer the child fun and active entertainment:
- sports clubs
- Sports groups in school
- to go swimming
- A walk together before or after dinner
- A pet (dogs keep us particularly fit)
- There are even video games that require movement (like dance games)
Here, too, we as parents have to set an example of what we want to convey to our children. In this way, we can set clearly defined W-LAN times in the Internet router that children and adults must adhere to. Outside of these times, the whole family can look for more active hobbies and pursue them together.
Appropriate to the topic of "losing weight in puberty": also listen to our podcast:
You can also listen to the Kids Weight Loss podcast on Apple Podcasts or Google Podcasts.
WARNING: What you should know about your overweight child through puberty
Are you struggling to teach your child to lose weight?
- You don't know how to motivate your child to exercise more?
- Your child is being bullied because of their weight?
- Your child loves to eat and doesn't stop?
Then come to our free online training!
You can learn more about it here:
I'm looking forward to seeing you there!
Bye bye, your Verena!
Follow us on Facebook too
- What is perihelion precession
- What are the most commonly used recyclable materials
- What were you wrong to believe?
- Why don't you support President Trump
- How do I estimate the life expectancy
- When will you be happy with yourself
- What loves and hates Donald Trump
- What is the Hawaiian word for brother
- Can light bend light
- How do you deal with your intelligent wife
- What are some good types of diamond chains
- What is the best flooring
- Pigs really eat people
- USA can have early or early elections
- How democratic or undemocratic is Singapore
- When did Eva die?
- How many acres is 36 inches
- How much bacon is too much
- How do you apply for an internship
- What is low voltage
- Is Japan still ruled by an emperor?
- Are Japanese anime popular in Russia
- Native American speakers speak English
- Makes you horny acidic or LSD