What can stop palpitations
What to do if your heart starts racing suddenly
In some cases, palpitations can be fixed with a simple trick. However, if the pulse remains elevated for a long time, it can be life-threatening. Cardiologists warn against this.
Seizures of palpitations that occur suddenly for no apparent cause can in some cases be stopped by a simple trick. "By stimulating certain pressure receptors, the heartbeat can possibly be normalized again", explains Dr. Norbert Smetak, Dr. med. Norbert Smetak, Federal Chairman of the Federal Association of Resident Cardiologists (BNK) and practicing cardiologist in a group practice for internal medicine, cardiology and angiology in Kirchheim. "Sufferers can, for example, use their middle and index fingers to gently massage a point on the neck where the pulse can be felt. This stimulates the carotid sinus nerve, which measures the blood pressure in the carotid arteries Since the massage can also lower blood pressure, this method should only be performed while sitting or lying down. Another possibility would be to hold your nose closed to equalize pressure, as when diving, and then to blow air into your nose with your mouth closed to press and keep the pressure upright for a few seconds receive. Or to drink a cold, carbonated drink quickly and then to burp. In both cases the pressure in the chest and stomach area increases temporarily, which can stop the racing heart. "
Call a doctor immediately in the event of prolonged seizures, weakness or dizziness
However, if the pulse remains elevated for a long time, the palpitations must be treated by a doctor, otherwise it can lead to a life-threatening condition. "If the heart does not quickly return to its normal rhythm, it can become dangerous because not enough blood is pumped through the body when the heart is racing," warns Smetak develop in the atria or ventricles of the heart. In the worst case, it turns into ventricular fibrillation with pulse rates of over 300 beats per minute, which can be fatal without immediate treatment. Therefore, with prolonged attacks of palpitations or symptoms such as weakness or dizziness a doctor must be called. "
- Is there an app for drop shipping
- What does breakfast eat breakfast eat
- How many square meters is 1 km
- What is the Real Estate Agents Association
- What does the Tamil word Mersal mean
- How do you level up in Steam
- How do AP courses work
- Should I annoy my mother
- What is a data science pipeline
- Harry Potter is black
- Why did Jesus cry for Lazarus?
- Pakistan is a democratic country
- Why do you love samsung
- What is the best alternative to ClickBank
- Is manipulatively bad
- How do I find jewelry manufacturers
- Why are supermarkets in America so big
- Why are more liberals advocating conservatism?
- What is worse, less knowledge or less experience
- Dark matter has antimatter
- When to Consider Buying Life Insurance
- How was your NPCIL interview experience
- Uses WP Engine Multisite for users
- Which cities start with the letter B.