How do Vietnamese treat Chinese
Vietnam: We will not ally with anyone against China
During the visit of the Chinese Defense Minister to Vietnam, the two countries strengthened their bilateral relations. Both sides spoke out in favor of dialogue on the South China Sea issue.
During the visit of the Chinese State Councilor and Minister for National Defense, Wei Fenghe, to Vietnam, the Southeast Asian country made positive comments about bilateral relations. Vietnam will never follow other countries to oppose China.
Wei met with the Secretary General of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of Vietnam (CPV), Nguyen Phu Trong, and the Vietnamese President Nguyen Xuan Phuc in Hanoi on Monday.
Trong congratulated China on its success in the fight against COVID-19 and economic development, and called on the two countries to cultivate and promote their traditional friendship and to advance military relations between the two countries.
On the South China Sea, Trong said the two countries should treat the issue correctly on the basis of mutual trust and respect and prevent any associated negative impact on bilateral relations.
Xu Liping, director of the Center for Southeast Asian Studies at the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences in Beijing, said that the relationship between the Communist Parties of China and Vietnam has always guided the direction of the development of bilateral relations. Through a series of tests over the past few decades, the relationship has become an anchor that stabilizes tensions and found solutions based on mutual respect.
Vietnamese President Nguyen Xuan Phuc said Vietnam is helping China prosper and making increasingly active and practical contributions to peace, stability and development in the region and the world.
Phuc said Vietnam adheres to the one-China principle and refuses any interference in China's internal affairs. Vietnam will never follow other countries to oppose China.
This is not only a friendly statement to China, but also a clear signal to the US and other Western countries outside the region that Vietnam will not be used by outside forces, Xu said. He noted that the US has made efforts in the past to lure Vietnam to serve its strategic purpose of containing China, but such attempts would fail because of Hanoi's independent and mature political stance.
After a series of friction and tension over the past few years, Vietnam and many other countries in the region have learned that US intervention on the South China Sea issue and Washington’s recent Indo-Pacific strategy are aimed at dividing the region, undermining regional integration and exploiting divergences and disputes between countries in the region to fuel tension, Chinese foreign policy experts said.
Gu Xiaosong, an expert on Southeast Asian studies at the Guangxi Academy of Social Sciences, told the Global Times on Tuesday that despite the negative impact of the severe COVID-19 pandemic, China remains Vietnam's largest trading partner. This shows how much the two countries value their relationship and help each other, especially in times of need.
According to the Ministry of Commerce, trade between China and Vietnam reached a volume of 133 billion US dollars in 2020, an increase of 13.8 percent compared to the same period last year.
- What Makes Facebook Ads Effective
- How can love bring happiness
- What is the purpose of online advertising
- How was discord in the beginning
- Why did Malfoy have to kill Dumbledore
- What do you say about Christmas greetings
- What is a simplex in probability theory
- Christmas wishes come true
- What is algorithmic machine learning
- Is fishing cruel to fish 1
- How does the environment positively affect tourism?
- What are the vitamins in a pumpkin
- What is America's top import-export
- How would you describe who you are
- What do military personnel think of civilians?
- Do male photographers enjoy taking pictures of naked subjects
- Which countries censor the internet the least?
- What offended you today
- Is bacon red meat if not why
- Can drinking alcohol actually kill you?
- Try to be extremely wealthy to save money
- Are the medicines of mankind all equally effective?
- Are gaming chairs good
- What is an ordinary housemaid