Is Emmanuel Macron a Freemason
Macron's government continues to crumble
After the environment minister and the sports minister, a heavyweight is leaving the French government: Interior Minister Gérard Collomb surprisingly announced on Tuesday that he would retire next year.
Collomb told L’Express magazine that he wanted to leave the cabinet after the European elections at the end of May. His goal is to be re-elected Mayor of Lyon in the 2020 local elections. Collomb had headed the second largest French city for 16 years before he was appointed to the Ministry of the Interior.
The former socialist was one of the first to support Macron in his presidential ambitions and help build his En Marche movement. As interior minister, however, Collomb is controversial in the ranks of the presidential party because of his asylum and anti-terrorist policies. Under him, the government tightened asylum and immigration law and gave the authorities numerous special powers against so-called threats.
Collomb recently came under pressure in the affair surrounding Macron's former security employee, Alexandre Benalla. He had worn a police helmet at the May rally in Paris and hit a demonstrator, even though he was not a police officer himself. The judiciary is investigating the use of force.
The conservative Republicans, as the largest opposition party, called on Collomb to vacate his ministerial post immediately. "France deserves a full-time minister of the interior and not a man who only thinks of himself," criticized the deputy group leader, Guillaume Peltier.
Other right-wing politicians criticized that Macron's cabinet resembled the Titanic. "The iceberg is approaching," scoffed Republican spokeswoman Laurence Sailliet on Twitter. “Is there still a pilot on the plane?” Tweeted the right-wing populist Rassemblement National from Marine Le Pen. It accused Collomb of being responsible for “skyrocketing” crime rates.
At the end of August, Macron had already lost the popular Environment Minister Nicolas Hulot. The former television journalist also announced his resignation in an interview in which he accused the government of insufficient commitment to climate and nature conservation. Sports Minister Laura Flessel also went at the beginning of September, possibly because of irregularities in her tax return.
Collomb is the most senior in Macron's cabinet after Prime Minister Edouard Philippe. The Freemason is considered to be a representative of the right wing of the government. The left opposition in particular accuses him of an authoritarian style. Together with Macron, the “first police officer in France” also ensured that numerous special powers for the authorities in the fight against terrorism were transferred into normal legislation.
- Which companies still use third world countries?
- How much is uranium per kilogram
- What is the formula of the parabola
- Why do royals join the military
- A 13-year-old can finger herself
- How many weeks in an NFL season
- How to improve vocabulary 1
- Is Sri Lanka more developed than India
- How can I promote my websites 2
- How can washing machines catch fire
- Can the Japanese understand Korean?
- What do non-Chinese think of China
- What's your rating on Myway app
- Why can't everyone be happy?
- Are logic and existence the same
- Affects asbestos smokers more than non-smokers
- Are peppers keto-friendly
- How Uber uses machine learning
- How to use TikTok in 2020
- Will AI be the future of racism?
- How long has it been since A.D. 600?
- Should I get a CS degree
- Has the Kaaba been attacked in history
- Everything has a purpose