How does Christianity explain ancient China
Hanisauland: Lexicon @todo: from Preprocess
A world religion
Christianity is one of the five great world religions. (The other four are Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, and Hinduism.) It emerged from Judaism. Today over two billion people profess Christianity worldwide. You can see Christian churches in almost all cities and villages in Europe and America.
Christianity goes back to Jesus of Nazareth, called Christ (meaning "the anointed"). He lived in Palestine around 2000 years ago, where he was sentenced to death and nailed to the cross. Christians believe that Jesus rose from the dead and is the Son of God. According to the Bible, through his death he redeemed people from their guilt in life. The Bible is the holy scripture of Christians. It contains the Old and New Testaments. Since then, the cross has been considered the symbol of Christianity. Essential in Christianity is the belief in one God, the confession of Jesus Christ, the community of believers in the church and the belief in eternal life. There are also rules to be followed in life (the Ten Commandments).
Soon after the death of Jesus, Christianity spread over the entire Roman Empire at that time. Various communities developed over time within Christianity. The Catholic Church is the largest community. Its head is the Pope who lives in Rome. The Protestant Church, which is also called "Evangelical", goes back to Martin Luther. He wanted to renew the church in the 16th century. His renewal movement was the so-called Reformation. On the one hand, "Church" denotes the community of Christians. On the other hand, it is also the name of the houses of worship in Christianity.
The Christian Orthodox Church has many followers, especially in Eastern Europe, and the Anglican Church especially in England. There are also many smaller, independent church communities that profess Christianity. There are around 2.26 billion Christians worldwide. More than half of all Christians are Catholic, around 37 percent are Protestant.
By the way: You can find the number of followers of all major religions in Germany and worldwide under the keyword "Religion".
Your questions about this ...
Write us your question
Before asking a question, please read the lexicon article in full. Please see if anyone has already asked the same question. Often you will find the answer to your question there.write us
More information on HanisauLand
Introduction to Christianity
Here at HanisauLand we have a special on Christianity, where you can find a lot of other information.
- Have a checklist for the game mechanics
- Singapore's citizen population is shrinking
- A Roomba makes a good Christmas present
- What does this symbol stand for
- What does 25 25 25 20
- Are packs of abs with fat or muscle
- What are adaptations of grassland plants
- Are manta rays dangerous
- What is Sean Hannity's email address
- What are some virtues
- Sex can trigger asthma
- Are Eskimos Indians Indians
- Are you making money with Quora now
- What is a hurdle runner in cheerleading
- I could go crazy all of a sudden
- What are Funnel Builder Secrets
- What diet program can cause diabetes
- Where are derivatives traded
- How can I earn extra pocket money?
- What are some interests of atheists
- How do search engines rank URLs
- Why is the time dimension special
- What is the warm up in a data structure
- How to make club sandwich