What are unknown facts about Afghanistan
- 34,124,811 people (July 2017 estimate)
- 23% of the population live in cities (2011 estimate)
- Kabul has approx. 4.5 million inhabitants (2011 estimate)
18.2 years (estimated 2011)
652,000 square kilometers
Islam, mostly Sunni; the large Hazara group is Shiite
mainly Pashto and Dari (Indo-European languages), as well as Hazara, Uzbek and Turkmen (Turkic languages)
It is estimated that 60% of school-age children (7 million) attend school. 40% of them are girls.
gross domestic product
$ 21.7 billion (2014 World Bank estimate)
is around 25%
Very different because of the diverse geographical conditions. In Kabul (1815 m above sea level) and in the high mountains, there is plenty of snow in winter. Kandahar and Jallalabad have pleasant winter temperatures (up to three harvests a year). The southern desert areas have heat up to 50 degrees in summer.
- General: Continental, arid temperate climate
- Semi-deserts and desert areas (especially in the south), high mountains (Hindu Kush mountains in the northeast) as well as hard-leaf tree corridors and steppes (including pistachios, apple species, plums, almonds).
- Forests take up about 3% of the country's area. Most of the forest areas are on the eastern slope of the Hindu Kush (including oak, pine, spruce, fir).
Most of the population lives in irrigated valleys on the edge of the mountains, especially in the fertile valley of the Kabul River in the southeast, after which the capital is named. The northern river plains of the Amu-Darja are fertile and densely populated. In recent years opium cultivation has prevailed.
- Affiliate Marketing Really Works
- Is OCD really a disorder
- How much money is exactly 1 million
- Does the lean startup method actually work?
- Why is Mecca a sacred place
- How much does a Chicken McNugget weigh
- Which product is sold out very easily
- What are people's opinions on feminism
- How much does a car gearbox weigh
- How can weapons not be found?
- Requires space-time energy to exist
- Why does space-time bend?
- Would you be cold in space
- How is this insincere question
- Why are there viruses
- Carl Jung was an INTJ
- Why should people be overweight
- What is a salary for a film director
- Chinese people eat cats
- What are some surgical taboos
- Where are the largest impact craters in the world
- What is a DOD contractor
- What is the rarest blood type
- Do male photographers enjoy taking pictures of naked subjects
- What is a permanent ETF portfolio
- What are some weird indonesian dishes
- The bipolar disorder gets worse with age
- Why is the game industry getting bigger?
- Better looking people are more competent
- Why are online courses so awful
- What is Isaiah 7 about?
- Playing can increase your concentration
- Why couldn't you have intrinsic motivation?
- Is passion necessary to enjoy life