How does sentiment analysis work in general?
What is sentiment analysis?
Sentiment analysis, also known as “mood recognition”, is based on the automated evaluation of user comments, which are used to determine whether a text is meant to be positive or negative. For this purpose, methods of "text mining" are used (see also data mining), ie the automatic analysis of texts that are written in natural language.
And that is exactly what leads to the first problem: natural language does not consist of positive and negative lists. Simple Analytical methods Search in the text for words that have a positive or negative meaning according to a previously created dictionary that matches the topic. This method may provide a very rough overview, but is hardly suitable for capturing the actual mood. Not even the frequency of words that are considered positive or negative in connection with the subjective evaluation of a product is meaningful.
Two customer ratings as an example: "Am thrilled!" and "Quite well, fulfills its purpose.". The first sentence contains one positive word, "enthusiastic", the second sentence contains two positive words, "good" and "fulfilled". A simple evaluation using statistical methods would rate the second sentence better; a person would at most rate it as mediocre, if not as negative. For a successful sentiment analysis, one must therefore use artificial intelligence tools.
In addition, especially in social networks, people formulate their opinions and statements as if they were talking to a friend, and not always according to the rules of German grammar. Many sentences have a completely different meaning in the overall context than they do on their own. Recognizing these nuances is a major challenge for the analysis tools. Furthermore, youth language in particular is characterized by short-term trends.
A sentiment analysis tool must have the target group and therefore know exactly the environment of the product to be analyzed. Machine learning methods help here, with which the tools can be gradually trained, which improves the quality of the results in the long term.
- People smoke meth with vape pens
- What is the sound of love
- Why are people so wrong
- What were Augustus' greatest achievements
- What book did Plato write?
- Who needs estate planning
- WordPress SEO plugin for WordPress 2019
- Which paradoxical statement is the most fascinating
- What food is famous in Dubai
- How much are talk show hosts paid
- Which coaching is the best for ACCA
- What is Bayes' theorem with examples
- What are bespoke gifts
- You can host your own WordPress website
- How is the school in China
- Why are cannabis smokers usually thin?
- What two acquisitions should Yahoo make next?
- What is developmental psychology
- How do I find a QR code
- What do we get from crying
- Why do websites use web analytics tools
- Which countries did the Romans invade?
- Professional soccer teams use sports psychologists
- Are Democrats or Republicans worse and why