What are opportunities for Indian doctors abroad
Welcome to the website of the Federal Foreign Office
Since June 8th, 2020, location-dependent easing has been taking place outside of the containment zones.
Inquire with the local Indian authorities about the applicable regulations and keep up to date with the local media. As things stand, the ban on commercial international air traffic continues to apply.
The following information on the current status for German tourists / short-term travelers still remaining in India is available on this website:
Current information on any upcoming repatriation flights
The federal government's return program has ended. Here we inform you without obligation about any planned repatriation flights of European governments from India to Europe.
According to current information, plans LUFTHANSA further regular return flights, sometimes several times a week from
Delhi to Frankfurt
Mumbai to Frankfurt
Bangalore to Frankfurt
These flights should be bookable directly on the Lufthansa website, subject to available capacities.
Also Air France should plan further regular return flights several times a week on the following route according to the current status:
Delhi to Paris
Mumbai to Paris and
Bangalore to Paris.
These flights should be bookable directly on the Air France website, subject to availability.
Also KLM should plan further regular return flights several times a week on the following route according to the current status:
Delhi to Amsterdam.
These flights should also be bookable directly on the KLM website, subject to available capacities.
Please inquire directly with the respective airlines about the current status of approval, availability and travel conditions.
We ask for your understanding that the German embassy cannot answer any questions about these offers.
Further information on entry / quarantine in India can be found below.
The Indian government has partially resumed national air traffic since May 25, 2020. This could be another option for traveling to one of the airports from which repatriation flights depart.
Nevertheless, it should be noted: appropriate measures to contain the pandemic such as mask compulsory, fever measurements, distance rules apply. In addition, inquire in good time with the respective airline about the exact details of the process as well as any quarantine measures or other applicable provisions of individual Indian states or Union territories.
Current information can be found on the websites of Delhi Airport or the Ministry of Civil Aviation, for example.
General information on entry and quarantine after arrival in Germany:
Since Tuesday, March 30th, 2021, a negative Covid-19 test has been required when arriving by plane. The test must be proven to the airline before boarding and must not be older than 48 hours at the time of the planned arrival in Germany. Children under 6 years of age are excluded.
All travelers from Covid 19 risk countries such as India must register at www.einreiseanmeldung.de before entering Germany. A 14-day quarantine at home is mandatory. Violation of registration and quarantine requirements can result in a fine of up to € 25,000.
Since the regulation on the quarantine obligation is issued by the federal states under their own responsibility, please inquire on the website of the federal state into which you are entering or where you are domiciled or where you will be accommodated to find out what the quarantine regulation looks like there. More information can be found here.
If you have any questions about the quarantine regulations, it is best to contact the health department at your intended location directly.
Travelers can find details of the requirements for the test on the website of the. The test result must be kept for at least ten days after entry.
There are basically no exceptions to the test requirement for entry from virus variant areas. This also applies to transit travelers.
Information for German citizens
In order to be kept up-to-date by us directly about the situation, German citizens have the option - if they haven't already - to register in our crisis prevention list at www.diplo.de/elefand.
Information for Indian nationals
Due to the classification of India as a virus variant area, which has been in effect since April 26, 2021, entry into Germany is only possible in very limited exceptional cases.
Entry into Germany is therefore no longer possible for people who have been in India in the last 10 days.
According to Section 1 (2) CoronaSchV, there are only the following - narrow - exceptions to the general transport ban:
1. German citizens and their family members (spouses and children)
2. the transport of persons with residence and right of residence / residence permit (not: visa!) In the Federal Republic of Germany;
3. pure mail, freight or empty shipments;
4. the repatriation of aircraft, ships and crews;
5. Transport with personnel in the interest of public health
6. Ambulance flights and flights for the transport of transplant organs as well as necessary accompanying personnel;
7. Carriage for urgent humanitarian reasons (e.g. for medical treatment);
8. Carriage on behalf of EURATOM Security Monitoring, the International Atomic Energy Agency and the United Nations and its organizations
9. Promotions of members of a foreign diplomatic mission or a consular mission in Germany whose appointment and arrival have been notified to the Foreign Office.
10. International transit: The exception only includes transit without leaving the transit area of the airport.
People who only change in a transit area of a commercial airport in Germany (without entering Germany). Air passengers in transit who land at a German airport and want to take a connecting flight within the Schengen area are not covered by this exception.
- What is Human Capital Management HCM
- How do I create backlinks for free
- Is obesity curable
- Prefer biscuits or biscuits
- How many universities are there in Ghana
- What is promotional SMS versus transactional SMS
- What are some examples of visual communication
- How many dollars is 28 pounds sterling
- What do sexy women look like?
- How did you raise bilingual children?
- What is a healthy diet for girls
- Why does nobody feel real
- Soldiers wear special sunglasses during combat
- Who are the five good emperors?
- How can you address potential customers online
- What is sales automation
- Are Methodists more methodical than Catholics
- Was Gandhi gentle on the British
- How do Nerf blasters work
- DNA exactly defines who we become
- How does content marketing affect the market
- Why do some Singaporean men dislike NS?
- What are the measures to get rid of the capsize?
- The United States is becoming more libertarian