Can you jailbreak an Xbox One S.
PS2 games on Xbox Series X / S: a trick makes possible what PS5 can't
It is not permitted, but still possible.
Thanks to the backward compatibility of the new Xbox Series X / S and PlayStation 5 home consoles, players will have a lot of well-known titles immediately available for release. While the Xbox Series X / S makes all previously published titles available for Xbox, Xbox 360 and Xbox One, PS5 owners are left behind. Here it is only possible to access PS4 titles. The old pearls of the PS1, PS2 and PS3 era are excluded for the time being or, in the case of the PS3, only available as a stream via PS Now.
Resourceful players have now discovered a way to at least make PS2 titles playable on the current generation of consoles. The curious thing: with this trick you cannot play the titles on the PlayStation 5, but on the competing product Xbox Series X / S.
The Xbox Series X / S game portfolio is expanded
How is that possible? The Xbox Series X / S have a built-in developer mode. The Youtuber Modern Vintage Gamer shows in a video how you can do this. With the help of the RetroArch emulator, which you have to run in the activated developer mode, it is possible to emulate PS2 titles such as God of War, Shadow of the Colossus and God Hand on the Xbox Series X / S. Although there are a few bugs, most of the titles run smoothly and without any visible errors.
What is RetroArch? RetroArch is a free, open source, cross-platform emulator that allows you to play games outside of your native platforms. Of course, activating the developer mode and using RetroArch is not intended by Microsoft to play PS2 titles on the Xbox Series X / S. So if you want to get PS2 titles on your Xbox Series X / S yourself, you risk possible bans of your accounts.
Link to YouTube content
PlayStation 5 is left behind
In theory, it is even possible to use this emulator to bring PSP titles and some Nintendo games to the Xbox Series X / S. However, crazy enough, this is not possible on the PS5, as one user on Resetera noted. Thus, the already opulent portfolio of the Xbox Series X / S expands with further titles, while the PS5 can actually only offer PS4 games in the backward compatibility.
All information about the backward compatibility of the Xbox Series X / S can be found here:
more on the subject
Are you still missing other titles from the past ages?
- Fewer skilled workers experience more unemployment
- Who created life
- What is your current marketing focus
- What's the worst part about shopping
- The second America change failed
- What are the main biotic components
- Can you make money with Medium Quora?
- Can you describe life without words
- Kill Avada Kedavra dragons immediately
- Can be a cult
- Is London a terrible place to live
- What exactly is the pagan religion
- Will humans go to Mars by 2022?
- Why should a lesbian find you attractive
- Who is a kind person
- Why are people still buying Vivo phones
- What do black people think of Canada?
- Like a murderer hides evidence
- Do women ever find physical strength sexy
- What is the difference between stoicism and psychopathy
- What weapons should be banned?
- Can I ask a question here
- What makes a country's economy strong?
- How deep is your brand loyalty