How are benign tumors treated
Benign tumors are easy to distinguish from the surrounding tissue, grow slowly and displace it only slowly. Over time, however, they continue to spread and can then compress other organs strongly, e.g. B. blood vessels or nerves. The fact that a tumor is benign does not mean that it cannot lead to death. Benign tumors are often surrounded by a capsule made of connective tissue, so they can easily be "peeled out" of the surrounding tissue during an operation.
Most benign tumors go unnoticed for a long time. Often the tumors are only discovered during a routine examination. An example of this is a benign tumor in the thyroid gland: some patients have a lump in the thyroid gland for years and are not aware of it. A routine ultrasound examination of the thyroid can then reveal the tumor by chance. However, some benign tumors can become noticeable very quickly, for example a benign tumor in the brain (e.g. a meningioma). This can press on the surrounding brain tissue and impair various brain functions, e.g. B. lead to paralysis or speech disorders or obstruct breathing and lead to respiratory arrest.
The structure of the tumor cells in a benign tumor differs little from the cells from which they arise. Doctors then speak of differentiated cells. The more the structure of tumor cells deviates from their original tissue, the less differentiated they are and the more aggressive and malignant they usually behave. The tumor cells of benign tumors do not form daughter tumors (metastases).
- What are some examples of hand tools
- Should I learn both C ++ and Python
- Should we ban junk food
- What was the best submarine of WWII
- Most intellectually gifted people are socially awkward
- How many lines of code does facebook have
- Is Facebook user friendly with affiliate marketers
- 325 is a good score in GRE
- How to identify MNC or NC
- Is botrytis a mushroom
- What is the machine learning API service
- What is algorithmic machine learning
- Universities accept GRE for MBA
- What is PER according to ACCA
- Could AI ever win the imagination?
- What is a good content life
- What are the best restaurants in Seoul
- What is the name of pure water
- What is energy minimization in molecular dynamics
- How can a product be sold more
- How does Chinese sound for foreigners
- Where does a photon go
- What is AU astronomical unit
- Diet can lower cholesterol