What should everyone know about Hilbert Spaces
The Süddeutsche Zeitung today took up the study by Martin Hilbert and Priscila López from "Science" and reported on the "Explosion of Cyberspace".
The most important information from the article in brief:
- The amount of data stored worldwide was 295 trillion bytes in 2007.
- Global communication even makes up 6 times that! Quote from the SZ: "That is as much as if every person on earth got 174 newspapers every day and read six of them to their neighbors."
- The amount of information has been increasing exponentially since the 1980s, with Hilbert & Lopez reporting growth rates of up to 28%!
- In 2000, 75% of all data was still stored in analog format, in 2007 it was only 10% - in 1986 58% of all data was stored on video cassettes, today PC hard drives are ahead with 42%.
- The total computing power in 2007 was almost 10 trillion IPS [instructions per second] - the PC only made up 1/3 of the total computing power in 1986 ("beaten" by only one technology at the time - the pocket calculator!), Today it is already 2 / 3, followed by game consoles and cell phones.
The latest figures, however, are from 2007 - one must assume that the amount of data and processing speeds increased enormously again between 2007 and 2011!
These numbers naturally raise the question (based on the SZ article): Are we ready?
Read more in the Süddeutsche Zeitung No. 34, February 11, 2011, page 18 and Science DOI: 10.1126 / science.1200970
Photo credits: © Catia70 | Dreamstime.com
- Does Melbourne need another international airport
- Who is a volume assessor
- Christmas is a popular holiday in Switzerland
- How do you punish your BDSM sub
- How many grams is 50 dollars
- What happens if the Prime Minister resigns?
- 20 Mbps is good for 720p video streaming
- Which AP classes do not have to be taken
- What food is delicious
- Why is my bird house not working
- What is in-depth PR
- Sex can trigger asthma
- Is chocolate unhealthy?
- What are side effects
- Webinar recording of voice image and screen
- Was Jesus Christ Catholic or Protestant?
- How can I write with correct spelling
- What started supermarkets
- What is the speed coefficient
- How intelligent is AI now October 2014
- Which states have arms legislation
- How much racism do you personally experience
- Why do people go to private school
- Can you prevent asparagus piss
- Is steam a pure substance
- Accepts Harvard transfer students
- What should never change in Bangkok Thailand
- What is a DNA fingerprint sample
- Which country has the most oil fields
- Can I recover deleted photos?
- People are getting smaller
- What areas are included in Kuala Lumpur
- How does muscle obesity affect health