Does Donald Trump have feelings
Donald Trump What is a narcissist? And what can you do about it?
Although the future president of the USA is in fact certain - Democrat Joe Biden has significantly more electoral votes than Donald Trump - the incumbent simply does not want to admit his defeat.
Trump declared himself the election winner early and has been tweeting his fingers ever since. He alleges election fraud, threatens and stirs up fear and hatred among his supporters with his words. Trump's behavior is increasingly characterized by lies and a loss of reality - does Donald Trump suffer from a narcissistic personality disorder?
US psychiatrists say "yes". You warned about Donald Trump in a book in 2018. They diagnosed "unbridled and extreme contemporary hedonism", "sociopathy" and called him "a presumably incapacitated person".
What is Narcissistic Personality Disorder?
Narcissistic personality disorder is a pervasive personality disorder that involves poor self-esteem and a high degree of sensitivity to criticism. Those affected tend to present themselves to the outside world as great. (Source: therapie.de)
Narcissistic personality disorder is believed to be less than one percent of the population. Of these, 75 percent are men and 25 percent women. The disorder begins in adolescence or early adulthood and is often seen with other personality disorders, such as borderline - when people are unable to regulate their feelings, both with themselves and with others - or depression.
Between overconfidence and vindictiveness
Professor Stefan Röpke from the Charité University Medical Center distinguishes between two sides of a narcissistic personality disorder: grandiose and vulnerable, i.e. vulnerable narcissism.
A healthy self-esteem is something positive because people want to achieve their own goals. A narcissistic person is concerned with the impression that others have of him: to be a winner, to be better or even to be extraordinary.Prof. Stefan Röpke
Fantasies of power also play a role. Röpke describes this as the "grandiose phase" - where everything is going great.
But when a plan goes wrong, the narcissists enter the "vulnerable phase". But then they don't take responsibility for their supposed "mistakes" - because they don't make them.
These people tend not to react with guilt when they fail, but with self-devaluation and shame. But this is so unbearable for them that they react with anger, vindictiveness and aggressiveness.Prof. Stefan Röpke
This is how you make the diagnosis
- Affected people overestimate their own talents and importance
- need excessive praise and admiration
- are arrogant and haughty
- fantasize about limitless power, beauty, success, love
- Their expectations must be met, there are no compromises
- take advantage of others to achieve their own goals
- are eaten away by the envy of others
- devalue the achievements of others
- cannot empathize with other people
- are overly sensitive to criticism
These therapy options are available
The treatment is carried out with psychotherapy. The personality disorder is not curable, but it can be alleviated.
First and foremost, the patient should learn the ability to understand the feelings of others. Further goals are to calm yourself down when you are excited instead of lashing out aggressively, and to enter into an equal relationship with other people.
Group therapy can help to understand the point of view of others in role play and to improve empathy.
- Whether his heart disease or not
- What should you never try in life
- How does Quora order answers
- What do you usually have for lunch
- Why is the Swiss franc getting weaker
- Why is Singapore important to Malaysia
- Why is Singapore called an artificial city
- Love decreases after marriage
- How can washing machines catch fire
- What does 5G mean for network operations
- What skill can help us in Canada
- How much money did you save
- What if you change the time
- Organic fertilizers can remove chemical fertilizers
- What are the benefits of Ashwagandha powder
- What goes up and never comes down
- What is the value of Steam cards
- Why is matter created
- Who sends the answers on Quora Digest
- Why use GoDaddy
- What do foreigners think of Chinese girls
- How do I deal with an abusive daughter
- There are free apps like Netflix
- How do cardiovascular diseases affect your health
- How accurate is google maps
- How can you sort out copper pennies
- Which RPG games have the highest replayability
- What is a drop shipping business actually
- Why do Chinese people wear traditional clothes
- What are examples of visual metaphors
- Will Britain re-nationalize its railways?
- How do you see a photon
- Seiko watches are respectable among watch enthusiasts
- All psychologists can diagnose autism