Are Methodists more methodical than Catholics
Church fellowship between EKD churches and Methodists
25 years ago, on September 29, 1987, an epoch of church division came to an end in Nuremberg with a joint communion service. After more than 250 years, in which Methodists were decried as "Bible moths" and criticized for their methodically strict way of life, the full church fellowship between the member churches of the Evangelical Church in Germany (EKD) and the approximately 55,000 members of the Evangelical Methodist was established Church in Germany sealed.
This was preceded by several years of bilateral talks. The negotiating partners found hardly any theological differences between the Methodist Church, founded by the Anglican pastor John Wesley (1703-1791), and the regional churches. In contrast to the dialogue with the Baptists, for example, infant baptism practiced in the regional churches is not an issue.
The document, adopted in 1987, includes pulpit and communion fellowship between the churches. As a result, this also led to rapprochement at the international level. The Methodist Churches in Europe have been part of the Community of Evangelical Churches in Europe (CPCE) since 1997. The Methodists are also members of the World Council of Churches. In 2006 the Methodist World Council signed the joint declaration on the doctrine of justification with the Roman Catholic Church and the Lutheran World Federation.
September 27, 2012
- Why do children in America get guns
- How do I sell MLM health products
- How is the night life in Vallejo, California
- Affiliate Marketing is Free
- How does the blood flow through the body
- Is streaming video illegal?
- Can you solve 6 2 2 1
- How is appendix cancer diagnosed
- Why do people drive so slowly
- Programmers still have high salaries
- What is dark joker or Thor Ragnarok
- Why are loud people loud
- DNA defines a race of people
- How helpful do you find Quora
- All fruits have seeds
- Is guest blogging a good ROI?
- When do children go to school?
- Why are straight men afraid of London?
- Do the cashmere people look white?
- Which P-value is considered a trend
- How many free climbers die each year
- What is the secret of your beauty
- What parts of the Bible mention slavery?
- What is the startup Asimov doing