What are unread messages in Messenger
Facebook Messenger: read messages unnoticed
You have received and read a message in Facebook Messenger, but do not want to reply to it. So that this doesn't get embarrassing: Read your messages without the sender noticing.
When they get a message on Facebook Messenger, many people feel a bit under pressure to reply to it. Sometimes you don't feel like doing it - but the sender sees that you have already looked at the message.
Just read your Facebook messages in such a way that the sender does not notice them at first.
Read Facebook messages on your smartphone unnoticed
When someone sends a message on Facebook Messenger, a circle with a check mark will appear next to the text box. As soon as the recipient opens this message, the tick is replaced by the person's icon - and the sender knows that their message has been read.
There is no setting in Facebook that allows you to turn off read receipts for the sender.
But there is another option: put your smartphone on airplane mode. To activate this mode, swipe down from the top of the display and tap on the airplane symbol in the settings options. Or look for offline mode in the settings.
If you now receive a message and would like to look at it without being noticed, first switch to airplane mode and only then open the Facebook Messenger app to read your message. The sender does not see that you have already opened the message. Nothing is displayed on your smartphone; the following features appear on it:
A white circle with a check mark to the right of the text field - the message has been sent.
The circle with the check mark turns gray, which tells the sender: The message has been received but not yet read.
This status is retained when you use airplane mode to read the message.
If you do want to respond to the message, you can deactivate airplane mode and open the Facebook Messenger app. The circle will now be replaced by your personal symbol, informing the sender that you have read the message.
Read Facebook messages unnoticed on your PC or laptop
Just as on the mobile version, Facebook does not offer the option of switching off read receipts on PC and laptop. here you need third-party plug-ins.
If you use Chrome: Open the start page of the browser and click on "Web Store" below the search field or here.
For example, a free extension that automatically blocks read receipts that are sent when a message is opened is Unseen for Facebook. Click "Add" and the extension will be installed. Then, when you use Chrome to access Facebook Messenger, you can read messages silently.
Firefox users can take FB Unseen, which does the same job. In Firefox, click on the three lines in the top right corner, select "Add-ons" and search for the app. Click on it and then on "Add to Firefox".
This tip first appeared on our English colleagues at techadvisor.co.uk
Facebook Messenger introduces a quotation function
Facebook Messenger: Activate night mode - that's how it works
Facebook Messenger: Messages can now be deleted afterwards
The 23 best Facebook tips: Your account under control
- How does tourism benefit the economy
- How many airports are there in Indonesia
- Has digital marketing influenced advertising
- Will atheists ever be more than believers?
- What is comorbidity in ADHD
- Do you like lamb or goat meat
- What does D +
- Why is cheerleading so important
- What is irritating fad on Quora
- What does today's date mean for you
- What is the real name of Cookie Monster?
- Why does Draco like Hermione
- Do you really need a vacuum cleaner
- What are the Filipino Cultural Values
- What do guys do in successful relationships
- Is obesity curable
- How are people not caught shoplifting?
- How much protein do you eat every day
- Is it okay to buy insurance online
- Prefer biscuits or biscuits
- How would your friends describe you
- How can I clean my Quora feed
- What does 36
- Can I pay monthly for DigitalOcean hosting
- What do the dots mean in Python
- What a word is for rarely happens
- SpaceTime means a completely determined universe
- Why are symbols important in cards
- What would happen if the sun suddenly disappeared
- Will embolism kill a person
- What do you do for your passion
- What are the basic components of bicycles
- Can I sell branded products on Rakuten
- How can I build my own cubes