Social media promotes stalking
Social Media: The 5 Biggest Dangers And How To Protect Yourself
Anyone who moves on the Internet leaves traces. Anyone who publishes their Facebook timeline and feeds the Silicon Valley giant every day with information about age, favorite music, passion for games or favorite fashion brands, leaves a digital footprint as large as that of Godzilla. In the terms and conditions it can be read clearly: Facebook not only has these Rights to all imagesthat you upload to his platform, but can also be public profile data, so practically a digital dossierto resell to its partners. However, many users do not see this as a problem: at least a quarter of the users surveyed were happy to see personal advertising based on the data analysis. This at least makes the search for consumer goods easier.
However, everyone should be aware that the storage and sale of their own data always involves or increases the risk that it will fall into the hands of criminals. In addition, end users rarely have an overview of how far their data is circulating in the network. Even if you download an app, often carelessly grants the right, Evaluate contact details and internet connection details. Because it is this personal data that makes users of social media interesting for companies - by selling them you can sometimes earn cash or at least tailor advertising precisely to the user.
However, personalized advertising is a comparatively harmless use of personal data. If so-called Social engineers Getting your data into your hands is usually much worse. They are the modern form of con artists: social engineers deceive their victims in order to get their data or money. They use various methods to do this: As a rule, they adopt a false identity in order to gain the trust of the potential victim. Either they present themselves as an authority (for example by pretending to be a bank officer or a member of the Federal Criminal Police Office) or they pretend to be friends or relatives. They do this, for example, by hacking accounts and then writing to their contacts.
A special variant of social engineering is Baiting: Providers of supposedly free downloads require your email login data and thus get access to your email account. Quid Pro Quo is a method by which fraudsters pretend to offer certain services or information if the user follows their instructions or discloses technical data beforehand.
An example: If the fraudster is imitating an IT company that offers quick troubleshooting for common bugs, he may ask the victim to turn off the firewall and install an update. This update then turns out to be a virus or spyware in reality.
Phishing attacks rely on fear and trust in authorities. For example, many phishing emails are modeled on emails from banks or well-known service providers in terms of text and design. You then link to websites that are also similar to those of respected institutions. If you enter your bank details there, they will be forwarded directly to the cybercriminal. Another possibility is that Identity theftwhere the perpetrators conduct business or commit criminal offenses under your name.
- Answers to Quora are often too long
- How can I make money with ads
- How does edible gold taste
- What is Search Engine Optimization 11
- Why do established brands still advertise?
- Why don't psychopaths have self-doubt
- India respects its minorities
- Why should I learn Chinese
- Which country has the most interesting politics
- What is the best flooring
- What is shahada
- When did an act of kindness fail?
- Is Brazil racist
- Do you know witchcraft is real
- What is the highest salary for electrical and electronic equipment
- Can we build cars without oil?
- What would happen if everyone was honest
- How do you break a narcissist
- Thumb sucking is a dangerous habit
- What do black people think of Canada?
- What is a payment gateway
- Can I join the US Navy?
- Which mug shot left you speechless
- How to say Wie in Japanese
- Often underestimate people
- What is your clickbait confession
- Is selling a good career
- Make another 5 cent coins
- Why can software development outsourcing not be ignored?
- Which country offers free education
- Should I buy Costco shares in 2020
- How is the Singaporean work culture
- How can I join la masia
- Do Swiss people deal with tax evasion?