How will I be in Norway
Welcome to the website of the Federal Foreign Office
A change in Norwegian citizenship law now allows dual citizenship for Norwegian nationals.
On January 1st, 2020 the new version of the Norwegian Nationality Act came into force. With this change, Norway now accepts dual citizenship for naturalizations.
Naturalization in Norway
For German citizens, the regulation of Section 25 (1) of the Citizenship Act, according to which a German citizen acquires foreign citizenship, continues to apply on application automatically loses German citizenship. Only the EU member states and Switzerland are excluded from this rule.
According to Section 25 (2) of the Citizenship Act, the loss only does not occur if in front A retention permit has been issued and received for the acquisition of Norwegian citizenship. The competent authority if you are resident in Norway is the Federal Administration Office in Cologne.
Further information and the application forms can be foundhere.
There you can download the application forms. The application with the associated documents must be submitted personally to the embassy. Click here to book your appointment. The embassy forwards the application to the BVA. From there you will receive a confirmation of receipt with a reference number. So far, the embassy has not had any empirical data on the duration of the procedure. However, a longer processing time of approx. 14 months must be expected.
If you are still registered in Germany, you must contact the nationality authority responsible for your place of residence. Please note that there is no legal right to receive a retention permit. Each application is examined and decided individually.
Re-acquisition of German citizenship
In principle, naturalization requires permanent residence in Germany. If you had German citizenship in the past, you can be naturalized if a public interest to your naturalization. The same applies to your underage children. In principle, the previous citizenship must be given up when naturalizing. Exceptions are possible. If you cannot renounce your previous citizenship, you should give detailed reasons for this.
You will receive further information and the application formshere.
The application must be submitted via the embassy. The duration of the procedure depends on the details of the respective application. Therefore, no statements can be made about it.
Please note that there is no legal right to re-naturalization. Each application is examined and decided individually.
Naturalization of children of German nationals
In principle, children of German citizens automatically acquire German citizenship upon birth. However, this has not always been the case. Therefore, through several changes to the citizenship law, those persons who, as children of German citizens, were not given German citizenship at birth due to a previous legal situation, were given the option of naturalization. This applies in particular to children born outside of wedlock of German fathers and foreign mothers who were born before 01.07.1993 were born as well as children born in wedlock of German mothers and foreign fathers who were born before 01.01.1975 (§ 14 StAG).
Further information and the application forms can be found here.
In these cases, the previous citizenship is not required to be given up.
The application must be submitted via the embassy. The duration of the procedure depends on the details of the respective application. Therefore no statements can be made about it.
- How many cm are 5 mm
- Why is Australia so against guns
- What is civic nationalism
- Does television have a major impact on how people behave?
- Marketing is the same as advertising
- What is the process of influencer marketing
- What important domain rights do I have?
- How much money does an electrician make
- What is 13 out of 50
- What food should I eat 1
- Google domains come with hosting
- What is the future of investing in gold
- What is the best restaurant in philippines
- How conservative is the US
- What is social bookmarking in SEO
- Was Jesus Christ Catholic or Protestant?
- Is Japan safe for tourists to visit
- How did Islam get to Malaysia
- Are packs of abs with fat or muscle
- What are the three virtues
- Can heal the eating ear by itself
- What are the habits of billionaires
- Why is noodle counted as an Asian food
- What is the Harvard College forbearance rate
- How did Russia become a developed country
- How difficult is life without a spouse
- What is private equity for laypeople
- What is global or international marketing
- How can seniors improve their balance
- What are the characteristics of big data
- Can you only describe depression with pictures?
- Trump could be sued for defamation
- Julius Caesar was a good person
- Will I lose weight by skipping lunch?