How to make Christmas cookies
For the Christmas biscuits, stir soft butter with sugar, vanilla sugar and the egg in a mixing bowl until frothy.
Mix the flour with the salt and the baking powder and gradually add to the cookie dough with the dough hook of the electric hand mixer, except for a rest.
Finally, process the dough for the Christmas cookies with your hands.
To do this, knead the remaining flour mixture together with the kirsch to a firm shortcrust pastry.
Since shortcrust pastry is easier to process when it is cooler, you should put the dough in a plastic bag or wrap it in cling film, for example, and let it cool for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
It is even better if you let the dough rest in the refrigerator overnight, after which the dough can be rolled out much thinner for the Christmas cookies.
Roll out the cookie dough in several portions on a work surface well sprinkled with flour, thinly to a thickness of approx. 3-4 mm. This works particularly well if you also dust the corrugated wood with flour every now and then.
Now the cookie dough can be cut out with a round cookie cutter about 6 - 7 cm in diameter or with a drinking glass.
The cut out Christmas cookies are placed on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
Preheat the oven to 200 ° C and bake the Christmas cookies on the middle rack in the oven for about 10-11 minutes.
In the meantime, mix powdered sugar with kirsch or other alcohol to form a smooth, lump-free frosting. Carefully add the liquid to the powdered sugar because the powdered sugar absorbs the liquid very quickly and too much alcohol quickly becomes too liquid.
Place the baked Christmas cookies on a wire rack with a layer of baking paper underneath and then spread generously with the icing.
Each Christmas cookie is also topped with half or a quarter of a candied cherry.
Let the Christmas cookies dry well, this can take several hours.
Then store in a well-closing cookie jar.
Of course, you can also use other cookie cutters for cutting out. The Christmas cookies are very classic with a round or at least round serrated cookie cutter. A small drinking glass can also be used to cut out.
Many different cookie cutters are offered by cookie cutter sets such as can be bought at Amazon, for example: Kaiser 612911 cookie cutters, 25 pieces *
With 50 Christmas cookies, 1 piece has approx. 63 kcal and approx. 2.1 g fat
- What is Elementor in WordPress
- Which companies built the Panama Canal
- What is mankind's worst problem
- How can I block anonymous questions
- Can you watch your own YouTube ad?
- Causes Population Growth Porverty
- What are some life hacks in general
- Should I switch from PHP to Python?
- How did the H1b visa change your life
- Are antidepressants addicting
- Can an accused travel abroad
- How dangerous are bonobos to humans
- How do Americans treat obese people
- Turkey Country How is Turkish food
- Why did Voldemort kill his parents
- Can HIV be transmitted through oral sex
- Who is famous literature in England
- Can we hack a CCTV camera?
- Why do Asian genes dominate
- A messy house indicates mental illness
- Why do I find everything impossible
- Who would win a werewolf or a dementor
- Are Malaysian politicians corrupt
- Which websites collect social security numbers
- How do Nazis live
- Where do people get herpes from
- What are the cons of toilet cleaners
- How do I find a patent
- Was involved in riots in 1984
- How did you catch your cheating spouse
- Have you ever lost your passion
- Ethical people are less happy
- Why do people call other people sugar
- What continent is Australia on