What is the parameter of a rectangle
Setting up terms
bettermarks »Math book» Algebra and functions »Terms and powers» Setting up terms and calculating term values, tables of values »Setting up terms
In these explanations you will learn what a term is, how you can set up terms, and how you can use terms to describe different situations mathematically.
What is a term?
A term is an arithmetic expression that can contain numbers, variables and arithmetic symbols. A term can be used to describe facts or arithmetic instructions. You use a placeholder for the unknown numbers or sizes. Mostly letters are used as placeholders (also called variables).
Set up terms
Arithmetic instructions can be formulated with the help of terms. These translation aids can make the conversion easier for you:
Formulate the term for the following arithmetic instruction: Reduce the sevenfold of a number by 5 and divide the result by 2.
Terms for geometric shapes and figures
In the case of flat figures, the circumference and area can be described with the help of terms, as can the volume, the surface area or the total edge length of bodies.
Give a term that describes the circumference of the rectangle with sides a and b.
Total edge length of a cuboid
Give a term that describes the total edge length of a cuboid with edge lengths a, b and c.
- What is the favorite food in Melbourne
- What does LGBTQI stand for
- What is mankind's worst problem
- Are many Pacific Islanders gay?
- What happens when you eat coffee beans
- Do dogs sleep like humans all night
- How do I learn app development 1
- If the coast guard is used
- What are some game mechanics API providers
- Are cat and dog meat healthy?
- Which birds symbolize death
- Which is the best webinar conferencing service
- Why do photos cost money
- Which credit card do you recommend
- Do athletes have healthier brains?
- Can fast food workers accept tips?
- Why do people exclude shy people
- Can the reception of refugees improve the economy
- Can a startup solve poverty?
- What is the most important thing about computers
- What makes you sad about yourself
- What is 100 100 100 1
- Is diabetes autoimmune disease
- How do I secure a smartphone