Is it snowing in Myanmar?
Weather, climate, climate tables, temperatures & best travel times worldwide
In most of Myanmar there is tropical climate With three seasonscaused by the change of monsoon winds. in the Northeast of Myanmar is subtropical climate determining.
The dry, cool season in Myanmar extends to the period from November to Februarywhen the northeast monsoon blows from dry and cool Central Asia. Then it is very sunny all over the country.
The hot season prevails in March and April and from May to the end of October is Rainy season. Then the southwest monsoon blows from the Bay of Bengal and brings high humidity and more moderate temperatures with it.
In the Summer months consists the Risk of tropical cyclones.
During the Rainy season From May to October, the western flanks of the mountains in particular are abundant Rainfallwhich can lead to a blanket of snow at altitudes above 2,000 m. The peak values are achieved in July and August. Even the winter dry season is never completely free of precipitation. Much rain falls in the higher regions in the east and north as well as on the coast. Here between 2,500 mm (Rangoon) and 4,800 mm (Moulmein) annual precipitation can fall. The lowlands in the interior, however, are relatively protected and therefore receive comparatively little rain with around 600 mm (Mandalay) or only 400 mm in the northern Irrawaddy Basin.
In the lower and middle areas are the average Temperatures between 25 (December / January) and 30 ° C (April). The peak values can then also exceed 40 ° C. But they rarely drop below 15 ° C. Only on the Shan plateau and in the north is it between 6 and 8 ° C cooler. In the north, frost and snow occur in winter at altitudes over 1,000 m.
Climate zones in Myanmar
Marking of the climatic zones in Myanmar
- Tropical monsoon climate: short dry season, heavy monsoon rains outside the dry season
- Tropical savannah climate: humid, longer dry season
- Winter-dry subtropical climate: mild with dry winters and hot, humid summers
- Winter dry oceanic climate :: dry winters and warm, humid summers
- Oceanic climate: mild, no dry season, warm summers
Weather in Naypyidaw, the capital of Myanmar
Weather in Myanmar: The temperatures and rainfall for Naypyidaw in Myanmar are from the website yr.no and are provided by the Norwegian Meteorological Institute and the Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation. The forecast is updated four times a day.
Best travel time for Myanmar
According to experts, this is the best time to travel to Myanmar between mid-October and February. At this time you can find pleasant temperatures with little rainfall almost everywhere in the country.
If you have the Hill stations or the Rakhine coast want to visit north west of myanmar is this also still in the period between March and May possible. In the rest of the country, however, March and April are already unbearably hot.
During the rainy season from May to October it rains daily, it is very humid and the heavy rainfall makes many roads impassable. Then a trip to Myanmar is not advisable.
Here you will find further information on the climate and travel time in Myanmar.
Climate table Myanmar
Climate in Myanmar (South, Indian Ocean): Rangoon
Climate Myanmar (country center): Mandalay
Climate Myanmar (north): Myitkyina
You can find more climate information about Myanmar here.
Climate in Southeast Asia
For information on the climate, the best travel time and weather in other Southeast Asian countries, simply click on the country names on the map:
- Can data predict the future
- What business does Donald Trump own
- When will you be happy with yourself
- What do smart people do 1
- What are the best books for young adults
- Is a UK degree recognized internationally
- Wealthfront uses a dark pool
- What is trust in a relationship
- Homelessness is on the decline in the US
- What if teenagers ruled the world?
- What are data mining interview questions
- Which country starts with the letter OK
- Do the Americans really know about China now
- Why am I attracted to older men?
- You should wash fruit before cooling
- People still believe in the white privilege
- What is the definition of cumulative risk
- Which items do you recommend buying handmade
- Is there a B2B community platform
- Why are people full of paradoxes
- What is the greatest achievement of mankind
- Are you chasing your dream
- WordPress com is owned by WordPress org
- What is it about human thoughts that fascinates you?