Why are top level domains important
Top Level Domains (TLDs) are the highest hierarchy level in the international domain name system. They are on the far right of a domain: z. B. denic.de.
A general distinction is made between generic top level domains (gTLDs) such as .com, .net, .org or .info and country-specific top level domains (abbreviated ccTLDs for country code) such as .de, .uk or .fr.
The responsibility for a country-specific top level domain lies in the respective country. Therefore, the conditions for registering a ccTLD domain can differ from country to country. In Germany there are only a few restrictions that are stipulated in the domain guidelines. For example, there is no limit to the number of domains that a person or company can register. Due to the liberal registration policy and the large number of providers on the market, .de is one of the largest TLDs worldwide: Measured by the number of registered domains, .de is among the top 3 ccTLDs worldwide with a clear geographic reference. Most domains are registered under .com.
An overview of the approximately 240 existing country code top level domains (abbreviated ccTLDs) can be found on the IANA website. There you will also find the names and addresses of the respective registration authorities.
Generic TLDs: From .biz to .org
In contrast to the ccTLDs, generic TLDs do not always have a geographic focus. .Biz is used to identify commercial offers from companies, .org stands for organizations, under .gov you can find the Internet offers of the US government, .int is reserved for international organizations such as the UN.
Information on the gTLDs and the introduction of the new gTLDs such as regional or city domains or domains .sport or .bank can be found on the website of the international organization ICANN, which is responsible for the coordination of these TLDs. For a few years now, there have also been top level domains that deviate from this strict separation, for example the geographic TLDs such as .eu or .asia.
- Why is poverty reduction necessary
- Is Arputham a Tamil word
- Why not use a metric system
- What is chinese culture
- How can I just talk to someone
- What can you buy with 100 Bitcoin
- Are there any advantages for Amazon partners
- Which kid were you in elementary school?
- How can I work legally in the USA
- How do you retain and attract employees
- Are public schools of the army under the central government
- What is the best restaurant in philippines
- Is it mandatory to register your company
- What's your rating of Penang Malaysia
- Why is Allegiant Air so cheap
- What distinguishes the Malaysian cuisine
- How do dogs and cats perceive music
- My apology was insincere
- How to Market Your MLM Business
- How many women can a Muslim have
- Who invented the pulp process for papermaking?
- Why should one convert to Christianity?
- What sucks about being a computer technician
- How can I download my Tumblr blog
- What makes you think at night
- The QPP puts you off Quora
- What do you miss every day
- Teenage boy sucking pacifier
- Is Aspergers Syndrome Autism
- Are gaming headphones good for music production?
- Did the US healthcare system bankrupt you?
- Does the room have the dimensions 1
- Which country is the best for immigration
- How did people live before Google search